Chapter Four

Aurora went over to her huge walk-in closet and skimmed through everything she owned. We had over slept so we didn't get a chance to go to the mall. She pulled out a short light pink romper.

"What about this?" She asked.

 "I'm willing to try anything." I said.

She had been searching through her closet for the past forty-five minutes. She handed me the dress and looked through her accessories. She found a beige belt.  I put on the dress and put the beige belt right in the middle of my stomach. 

"You look awesome!" She exclaimed getting excited.

"Sit down I'm going to have to hurry with your hair and make-up." She said and I sat down.

She curled my hair. When she was done with it she sprayed a little hairspray on it. When she finished with my hair, she went into her bathroom and came back out with a tool box. I was extremely scared of what she was about to do. She opened the little latches that were keeping it shut. She opened the top of it and it was all make-up. I breathed a sigh of relief.  She opened up another drawer and it had at least twenty bottles of foundation.

She pulled out a few shades that she thought might match my skin tone. She walked over and held the bottles up to my face. She finally found one that would match. She got out a little sponge and put the foundation on my face. She put powder all over my face. 

After she was done with that, she opened another little drawer full of different eyeliners. She applied it to both eyes, occasionally poking me in the eye. It hurt like hell. she set the eyeliner down and opened two more little drawers. She pulled out mascara and eye shadow. She put the eye shadow on and then the mascara.

 "Ta da! We're finished!" She said and smiled.

I smiled back and walked over to her floor length mirror. I looked nothing like the old Lilly... I examined my face my make-up looked perfect. My eyelids were dusted with just enough pink eye shadow and I had just enough mascara and eyeliner on. It made my blue eyes pop. My hair looked flawless. It was wavy and soft and framed my face perfectly. Aurora had managed to cover all of the bruises and make me look normal. My lips were still slightly swollen but they didn't look to bad. It  looked like I had visited Angelina Jolie's plastic surgeon.

 I looked at my dress. My cleavage was poking out slightly. And the dress only covered about half of my thighs. It was the most skin I have ever showed. Aurora had done a French manicure on my fingernails and toenails.

 "Oh! You need shoes!" She said and went back into her closet.

She grabbed some gladiators and put them on my feet.

 "Now you look perfect." She said.

"Thanks." I said still taking the new and improved Lilly in.

"Anytime. And keep the dress. Now that I’ve seen how good it looks on you I probably couldn't bring myself to wear it again." She said.

"Oh! and here’s the make-up I used. The colors should work for just about anything you wear but if you get tired of it or if it doesn't match give me a call and I'll get you some different colors." She said and smiled.

"Thanks for all of this." I said and smiled.

"You're welcome!" She said.

 "I should probably call Jake and ask him to come get me." I said and she nodded.

She handed me her cell phone and I dialed his number.  He answered on the second ring.

"Hello?" He said.

"Hey, it's Lilly. I was wondering if you could come and get me?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be there in about fifteen." He said and hung up.

I gave Aurora her phone back.

 "Do you want to get some breakfast really quick before he gets here?" Aurora asked and my stomach answered for me. It growled.

"I'll take that as a yes." She said and chuckled.

 We walked down the stairs. Aiden was leaning against the counter eating a bowl of cereal. He looked at me and the bowl of cereal fell to the floor.

"What the fuck happened to you?" He asked staring at me.

 "I gave her a make-over." Aurora said and I nodded.

 "You uh did a good job." Aiden said and smiled at me. I smiled back.

 "Shit." He said as he realized he had broken a  bowl.

 I laughed and went over to the cabinets and eventually found the bowls and cereal. I stared in shock as I looked at the little red box sitting on the top shelf.

"You have Fruity Pebbles?!?!?" I screamed at Aurora.

"Yeah.." She said giving me a weird look.

"Holy shit!!!" I exclaimed and climbed up on the counter to reach the top shelf that the Fruity Pebbles were on.

 I climbed back down and filled my bowl full. I grabbed the milk out of the fridge and poured some into my bowl and grabbed a spoon. I got a big spoon full of the fruity deliciousness and shoveled it into my mouth.

 I leaned up against the counter and ate as I watched Aiden clean up his mess. I had never made a boy act so stupid before. He glanced up and looked at me from time to time.

 I took the last bite of my cereal and put my bowl in the sink. I heard the doorbell ring. Aurora opened it and it was Jake. I ran upstairs and grabbed my bag.

"Bye Aiden." I said as I ran past him.

"Bye Lilly." He said and I ran to the front door.

I stood next to Aurora. I watched Jake's face as he looked at me.

"Are you ready to go?" Jake asked and smiled.

"Um, yeah." I said. Wow, no reaction at all??? So, it IS true he really doesn't like me. I knew it.

"Bye Aurora. I'll call you later on." I said and gave her my best fake smile.

"Okay." She said looking a little disappointed.

I stepped out of the house and onto the Steven's front porch. I walked to Jake's truck and threw my bag onto the floorboard and sat down. I shut the door. Jake got in the car and cranked it up. He looked at me for a second and then backed the truck out of the Steven's driveway.

 "So, did Aurora attack you with make-up or something?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"I think you uh kind of beautiful." He said. I smiled at him and blushed.

 "Thank you." I said.

Maybe Aurora does have magical powers.