Chapter 7

Chapter 7 

I opened the door to my house not really doing what to expect . 

" oh honey you're home, how was the sleepover?" my mother asked while finishing taking muffins out of the oven. 

What sleepover? Claudius probably sent someone and told her this as a cover up for the days I was gone. 

" it was great, we had a lot of fun." 

She gave me a warm smile," I'm glad you did. Now dinner will be in a few hours so youre free to do as you wish." 

I climbed the stairs to my room. When you first walk into my room it's a bit blinding. Everything was white, from the furnishing to the floor and walls. It looks like heaven, it's my heaven at least. Though I have to be careful to not spill or stain anything, which is very hard. I checked my phone and found a ton of messages. I was just about to turn it off when an unknown number showed up.  

" hello?" 

" maribelle? It's Adrian ." 

I looked at my phone, I can get calls from places out of this earth? I hope they don't charges me extra. 

" Adrian? How do you know my number? And where are you calling me from ?" 

" I took the liberty of taking you number and and I'm actually outside, if you would look out your window..." 

I ran to the window and opened it . There he was my the big oak tree. I hanged up the phone and motioned for him to come closer. 

" what are you doing outside my house?" I exclaimed. 

" just strolling around enjoying the view," he chuckled. 

I didn't realize what he was saying for a minute and then tried not to blush.  

" really?" I raised my eyebrows," what's the real reason Adrian ?" 

" no need to be so rude to your house guest , don't you want to make him feel at home?" 

" what are you talking about?" I asked confused. Is someone staying over or something? 

" you'll see in a moment," and disappeared. 

I heard the doorbell ring and my mom shouted she'll get it. I made my way down the stairs and into the foyer. 

" I've been expecting you! Come in come in! Make yourself at home." 

" mom?" 

" oh maribelle! I want you to meet Adrian, he's your fathers cousin's son. He's going to be staying with us for a while and guess what! Hes going to go to the same school as you!" she squealed. 

I gave Adrian an are-you-serious- look and he just shrug. 

" be a dear and show him to our guest room, I need to finish cooking." 

She ran to the kitchen and started smashing pots. 

" follow me," I said in a bored tone. 

" I thought you would be thrilled to have me live with you!" he told me faking hurt. 

" oh it sure is!" I replied sarcastically. 

" come on, you know you love looking at my handsome face, who doesn't." 

" well someone's full of themselves."  

" don't deny it you love me," he mocked. 

" I do not ! I barely even know you . Plus I don't go for the arrogant types. Now here's your room, don't go in my room ever without my permission touch somthing or stain something and I'll personally torture you." I warned him deadly serious. He just laughed at my face.