Chapter 2

Since SoarkoInsanity hasn’t messaged me back yet, until she does her character won’t be in the story.  

I looked over the NFH’s (Newbie Familiar Heroes), seeing which ones were ready for the task at hand. There were three that stood out to me, one in the far back, two in the middleish area.

“Okay, three of you. Yes just three of you will be chosen to go on a mission. But first. What’s the number one rule that we all must follow. What is it?” I asked the group. Walking up and down the line of NFH’s I studied them seeing who would answer the question. Sadly none of them did.

“Anyone? Anyone at all?” I asked once again. I sighed and turned to Onyx. “Onyx, would you mind telling them.”

“Of course, in the field you never, ever call each other by your regular name, only your code name.” He said.

I laughed and shook my head. “That’s the second most important rule Onyx.” The others laughed and he blushed a little.  “Never under any circumstance summon your familiar if you get captured by the enemy. Ever.” I said coldly. There were some gasps around the control room.

“Now, I need the following people to step forward. Estella, code name, Sherlock!” I called out, one of the older girls came forward from the back. As she walked forward she tucked a piece of curly light brown hair behind her ear. She nodded as she came and stood beside Onyx. “Next, Kassie, codename, Serenity!” The girl right in front of me came forward, a piece of her straight red hair got in her face so she blew it away. She joined Onyx and Estilla. “Isobel, codename, Beebell!” One of the girls in the middle stepped forward, she smiled at me as she walked up and she then joined the others.  

“That’s it! Everyone else head down to the training center.” Onyx said.

“You three follow me.” I said walking to one of the hallway doors. I entered a code onto the panel and the metal door sunk into the floor. Walking forward I opened up another door which led to a room filled to the brim with monitors and tech stuff. There were a couple of chairs in random places around the room as well.

“Alright, grab a chair and place it near the table in the middle.” I said. As they did that I helped Onyx set up the

“Okay, this is what today’s mission is about. In Area 10 one of our own has been captured.  Jewel” I said pressing a button her picture then appeared on the screen.  “For this mission we will be going to rescue her, Beebell, Serenity and Night. You are now Team 1.” I pressed the button once again and pictures of Isobel, Kassie and Onyx came up on the screen. “Sherlock and Cloud are now known as Team 2” This time Estella and I came up. “Team 1, you guys are the distraction and battle force.” Pressing another button a map of the whole building appeared.”   While Team 2 goes through the vents, you will be distracting the equalists keeping them unaware of what we are doing.  Team 2 will be heading through the vents to here.” I said pointing at a spot on the map,” Jewel is being held up here. Most likely all of the guards stationed there will rush to the fight, if not there will only be one or two guards there. Alright, Teams go get into normal street clothes. Meet in the central control room in five minutes.” I left the room and headed down one of the hallways. Down this hallway it was just two rooms, Onyx’s and mine. I opened up the door on my left and headed in to my room. It was pretty simple really. At the very far end was my bed and other personal stuff, the walls were filled with posters, pictures of (old) friends and windows.  I walked over to the closet and pulled out my ‘street’ clothes. I grabbed a black tank top, a white half jacket and put those on. Opening a drawer below that I grabbed a pair of gray skinny jeans.  I walked over to my bed, reaching down beside the bed side table I grabbed a pair of brown boots that came to just above my knee. Leaving the room I waited for the rest of the team to join me.

Five minutes later…

“Let’s head out!” Onyx said cheerfully. 

“I’m going to go ahead and scout. See what’s in store.” I said. Onyx nodded and led the two teams to Area 10, I called Alerus.

“Where to now?” She asked, not hesitating.

“Area 10, Jewel is in trouble.” She nodded and in an instant I got to Area 10. Landing in an alleyway between two buildings, I waited till no one was around and stepped out into the busy streets.

“Night, where are you?” I whispered crossing my arms. Just at that moment I saw them walking down the street. Isobel was wearing a blue patterned skirt with a black sleevless top, looking kind of nervous. Kassie had on a hoodie and a pair of leggings with some hightops. Estella was wearing a dark blue shirt with sleeves that came down to just below her elbows, the collar was brown and ruffled with a golden trim. She also had a brown belt on with a golden buckle. Also she wore a pair of white shorts with a laced pattern. The shirt went farther down in the back and developed into a skirt that had a brown outline on the bottom of the fabric that was trimed with gold like the top.  She was also wearing laced gloves, one of them had a clock on it that was in closed by two golden wings.

“Hey guys!” I said cheerfully trying to not look suspicious. They caught up to me and we ducked into the same alleyway were I was before. “Okay, it’s just at the end of this alleyway. Come on.” I said and then bolted down the alleyway, they followed me when suddenly I skidded to a stop. I turned around and put a finger on my lips telling them to keep quiet. Just up ahead was the compound, we’re here.  

                                                                      END OF CHAPTER 2

Yeah, Estella’s description for her clothes is long since it’s steampunk, there are a lot of details to explain :P  Anyways hope you’ve enjoyed and thanks for reading!