Chapter 8: Struggling

I gasp loudly as I swing up from my pillow. Holy shit that dream was intense. I don't understand. Are dreams suppose to tell you something or it was just me making up things? I sigh and turn to look at the clock.

11am

Shit I need to get ready for my date with Michael. Did I just say date? Well it's not a date but a day to hang out. I laugh at my thoughts and sit up from my bed.

I walk into the bathroom and instantly began to brush my teeth then clean my face. After I began to take a hot shower.

I step out carefully onto my bathroom mat so I won't slip. I grab a towel and wrap it around my body.

I grab another towel but a smaller one and wrap it around my head in a turban since I washed my hair obviously making it wet. I don't want water all over my floor.

Then after cleaning the bathroom and picking up my clothes, putting them into the laundry basket I search for clothes.

I pick out a nice beige dress shirt with a pair of light skinny jeans that fit me well. Also a matching pair of heels to go with my top. I walk towards my mirror and do a natural makeup look. It's not like we're going to dinner.

I do my hair in a good tight ponytail, and brush out my baby hairs. I spray on my nicest perfume I had.

12:30pm

Okay I have 30 minutes left before we meet up. I hear a sudden vibration behind me and notice I've had received a text. I pick up my phone and tap on the message.

213-777-0929: Marlene what's your address?

Marlene: This is Michael right?!

213-777-0929: Yes it is

I should make him a contact now.

Marlene: Okay it's 2300 Fairview Road

Michael: I'll see you sugar tits ;)

Marlene: Hahaha very funny :'o

I giggle and sit down on my couch. He's so cute I can't wait to see him.

~

I hear a car honk from outside, and I smile knowing who it is. I grab my purse and open my door then lock it. Michael slowly gets out and leans onto his car. I wave at him smiling. His lips form a smile when he sees me and waves back.

I walk over carefully in front of him and smile again. He's wearing a black button down with some Levis and black shoes. Surprising not the loafers he usually wears. His hair is out and curly, yum.

"Well hello to you too." He says while grinning. "Haha, sorry I was thinking." I sigh and laugh looking at the ground. I'm such a bad dork.

"You look beautiful." He compliments. I blush quickly and look up at him. "So do you Michael." I compliment back.

"I look beautiful?" He raises a brow and laughs. "You know what I mean!" I giggle and hit his arm playfully.

"No, you meant I look beautiful. It's okay Marlene I know." He smirks and continues to tease me.

"No! I meant you look nice too!" I groan hitting him again. He starts laughing even harder.

"Alright, okay." He says still laughing. "Let's go shall we?" He adds. I nod and reply "We shall."

We get in his car, and his aroma fills my nostrils. I breath in and exhale through my nose. He starts the car and begins to drive.

"Where are we going?" I ask looking out the window. "Somewhere, but I can't tell you." He replies still paying attention to the road.

I nod and press a button which lowers the window and the breeze starts to come. My hair starts to get in my face and I laugh and look over to Michael. His hair in his face as well.

"Hey put the window up the wind is messing up my hair!" He laughs loudly and turns to me. "And yours!" He exclaims still laughing.

I shake my head hollering with laughter. He gives me a playful glare and presses some car buttons on his side which rolls my window back up. "Hey! That isn't fair! You have control to all the windows!" I pout.

"Oops!" He says sarcastically.

I cover my mouth because I was to the point where I could die of laughter. I breath in again and smile giggling. "So rude!" I replied.

"I'm not rude!" His lips turn into a pout and look at him. His lips look so soft and warm. "I saved you from your ex and I gave you my number!" He argued. I continue to look at his lips.

"Maybe you're not after all." I mumble.

"Exactly! But I was only one time." He says. "When was this?" I ask. "When we first met, I was a bit rough." He answers.

Yeah he was, but that's okay. "Yeah you were a bit but hey! The outcome was that we met right?" I laugh and he nods smiling.

Michael's POV

"Yes, and what Tom said was right! You are something else." I smirk while keeping my eyes on the road.

I earn a groan from her and I chuckle.

"So, that girl from the lounge. The one who came to us while we were dancing." I informed her a bit.

Marlene nods and looks at me to continue. "Who was she?" I curiously ask. She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms.

"Her name is Julia Guerra. She works at the lounge with me." She says with no emotion whatsoever. I nod and continue to drive, thinking of another question.

"So what happened in the office?" I ask chuckling. "Mr. Ross threatened to fire her." She smirks and fixes her ponytail. We arrived at a stop light and I take a quick glance at her.

She's feisty lil thang, I smirk at my thought and chuckle.

"What are you laughing at?" She asks rolling her brown eyes. "Nothing." I smile and drive again since the light turned green.

I immediately thought about her ex and her safety.

"What are you going to do about your ex?" I ask with concern. "Honestly, I don't know." She sighs and looks down at her heels.

"Whatever you do I'll be there to always support you and help you." I say and smile at her genuinely holding her hand.

She seems to melt in my hand not knowing what to say, which violently burn her cheeks up.

I enjoy the view and her presence, god she has me struggling.

"Thanks I appreciate it." She quietly mumbles. I smile and rub over her knuckles gently while driving.

A/N: THANKS FOR READING! :)
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT MICHAEL'S POV? ARE FEELINGS STARTING TO GROW? STAY TUNED FOR THE NECT UPDATE! LOVE YOU ALL ❤️