Chapter 8

Chapter 8

People filled cells after cells. They went up to about two hundred feet. It was a monstrous site. Screams and cries filled my ears. It was painful. The sound of breaking bones was unpleasant. I peered into one of the cells that were close by. It seemed to be barren, until a howl came from a dark corner. Scary red eyes appeared and the body of the beast made it more frightening. The beast was a combination of all the monsters anyone could think of. Werewolves, the chupacabras, that’ what came into mine.

The beast was massive, with jet black hair, long nails and teeth, a huge muzzle, but unlike the thing that chased me, this one could stand up.

It lunged itself to the bars, making me fall backwards. There was wildness in its eyes. It looked pained for a second but was once again replaced by craziness.

“Why are these beasts in cells? Why are the people in cells? What is this?” I asked the man.

“They are all beasts; they deserve to be in cells. They’re dangerous and wild. None of them can be trusted.

This was impossible. They were beasts too? I had no idea they could take human form. We kept passing cells but the one that caught my attention was the one with a little boy in it. He seemed to be around the age of8. How could they imprison him? He’s just a little boy. No one really deserves this even they may all be murderess, it didn’t help that the place was cold and there was barely any lighting.

There was a crash from one of the upper levels. Running came from behind.

“The beast, it has broken free. Get it dead or alive.”

Men with weapons hurried up. They were all frantic. “We must go. Follow me. unless you want to get eaten.”

This time we went through a hallway filled with portraits. Everything looked elegant. How could something look so delicate and fancy compared to the awful jails outside of this.

  As we reached the end of the hall, the doors that we came in from crashed open. A beast was there, waiting to pounce on us.

“When I tell you to run, run child.”

There was no movement. The beast put a claw forward.

“Run now.”

We sprinted to the doors of the hall. The beast was running towards us furiously. I made the mistake of looking back; the beast was actually running on the walls and ceiling.

“Hurry up!”

We thrust the doors open and closed them tightly. Banging and scratching came from the other side.

“We must get out of this place; it is not safe for you if any beast is out.”

I followed him to a hole that was placed on one of the walls. He opened it and from there came a long tunnel.

“You must go to the end of the tunnel and you’ll be free, but remember don’t try running away because we will find you again. You still have a lot to learn about whom you are and what your destiny is. Go now.”

I entered the tunnel and crawled for what seemed an eternity. Finally, I saw a light ahead. I crawled faster. Yes, freedom! Thank god!

It was still night outside, maybe around midnight. It was cold and snowing. I didn’t know what to do. I decided to try to walk out of here. I looked up at the moon so I could get some kind of direction.hmm, north it is.

The tunnel I had just come out of disappeared. That was freaky. As I began to walk north I heard a rustling in the trees.

“Hello?”

There was a figure behind one of the trees, hiding from me.

“Why hello Haven. Nice to see you again.”

Blake.

How dare he just come up to me and talk when he had given me in into this society.

“What do you want?” I asked him harshly.

“I want you.”

I was confused. Is he going to turn me in again?

“Why?”

“If you haven’t noticed you seem to be of value to the forgotten people and I just want what they want. You see my kind and their kind don’t get a long well. It has been said that a daughter of one of the forgotten people will be the salvation for either group. We decided it would be best if you were in our side. Now if you would just cooperate, it would make my job a whole lot easier.”

Wow. That was the first time I’ve ever heard him talk soo much. No I was not going to ‘cooperate’ with him! These people just want to use me, but I’ve got something to say, no way José. I am not getting involved in this.

“I’m sorry to inform you that, no I will not cooperate and I will not help anybody because you are all beasts.”

He just stared at me.

“That was the wrong thing to say. If we can’t have you, they can’t either,” he replied darkly.

I was about to respond, when he started transforming. It was the ugliest site i'e ever seen. Bones were askew and the skin tightened. The body became longer and taller. Fur seemed to be sprouting from his skin. Overall it looked like a torturing transformation. What came from it though, that was chilling.

Right in front of me was a beast. THE beast that was in my dreams and the one who had chased me in the forest. It was him all along.

He growled at me and started circling me. Dang it. How am I going to get out of this one?

“If you can still hear me, maybe we can come to some compromise.”

The beast didn’t do anything. Was it just me or was he actually drooling? That was not a good thing. It got on all fours and walked to me. I backpedal and mistakenly started running away. There’s nothing else that makes a wild animal chase you than running.

There were so many trees in my path and branches too. I could barely move ‘cause of the coldness seeping into my bones. I got a sudden feeling of death in front of me. De ja vu, this is exactly like my dream. There was a cliff at the end and there was no other choice but to jump. Who could’ve none my dreams would come reality.

I leaped into the air and fell into nothingness. Water surrounded me. I reached the bottom of the ocean floor and stayed there. At least I was prepared for this; it was a good way to die.