Part 6

The car pulled up to the castle and I found myself looking around to see what had changed. I did notice that some parts of the castle had been redone but other then that everything was just how I remembered it. I looked at the two guards and asked "So what exactly happened?"
"It was just a normal day here and your father was waking up and getting ready to go to the village and check on the farms and everything when the castle was attacked. It was around four in the morning. Of course the guards and your father are always ready for a fight but this one was just too much to handle. We lost half of our fighters that day but thankfully we happened to have enough back up fighters to replace them. Your father did fight for as long as he could but when he got really hurt we had to get him to the safety bunker. When things calmed down we were able to get a doctor in and repair the worst of his injury in order to move him. We got lucky that one time but the doctor doesn't want him to stress and strain himself. So he requested you to replace him."
"Who knows maybe you can stay in charge forever? I mean your father is getting up there in the age range."
"How old is your father?"
I smiled and said "Well...let's just say he's older then dirt."
"How old is that?"
"Let's just say I might have erased my real age when I erased my memories of this place."
"So how old are you?"
"I'm around 450 years old. Times that by ten for my father."
"Wow."
I nodded and we walked to the front doors. All the maids stopped what they were doing and watched as we walked past. I smiled and they all bowed their heads. I frowned and said "I know it's been a while since I've been here but they know how much I hate them doing that."
"It's a respect thing. You know this."
"Doesn't mean I have to like it."
We walked to my father's chambers and I said "Well let's get this over with."
A maid ran up and said "Wait princess!"
I looked at her and said "Yes?"
"What your wearing won't be suitable to meet the king in."
I looked down at my nice dress suite and said "Why not? It's not pants."

"It's not exactly royal either."

"True."

The maid held out a dress bag and I groaned. I went into a spare room and changed. I walked out and said "So what do you think?"
My dress was a beautiful light blue color and it was made of silk. I had on a pair of black flats and let my hair down. I reached my waist and I heard "Wow."
I looked at my soul mate and he just looked at me.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing. Your perfect."
I blushed and said "Perfect is a strong word."
"But that's what you are. Perfect."
"T-Thank you."
I knocked on the door and heard "Enter."
I walked into the room and sighed. My father was lying in his huge triple king sized bed attached to some wires and monitors. I looked at the doctor in the corner and he stood up.

"Princess! Welcome back."
"Thank you. This looks like a lot more then a few major wounds."
"Your father had also gone it cardiac arrest."
"He had a heart attack?"
"Yes princess."
I frowned and said "Is he alright? He hasn't said a word."
"He's just resting right now ma'am. He's wearing his noise canceling headphones to help him relax."
I nodded and slowly walked up to the bed. The doctor pulled up a comfortable stool and I sat down. I slowly took his hands in mine and said "Hey daddy."
He opened his eyes and looked at me. He smiled and said "Hey. I didn't think they would find you."
I removed the headphones and said "You know when you send those two goof balls out that they find whatever your looking for."
He smiled and said "How have you been?"
I smiled and said "I learned how to use my powers. All of them. I got a teaching job at the high school I went to and I found my soul mate."

"SO you've been doing well?"
"Yes."
I moved his hair and said "You need a hair cut."
He chuckled and said "I've been in this bed for over a month. The doctor over there won't let me move a muscle unless it's to eat or relieve myself."
I sighed and said "That's why you had the heart attack. You need to get up and exercise."
He chuckled and said "You sound like your mother."
I sighed and said "I know. After her death I guess I was always the one to keep you in your place."
"You were. Until you left. Why did you leave?"
I looked at the blanket and said "Let's not talk about that right now. Your recovering from a heart attack and the last thing you need is to stress yourself out. So until the doctor sees fit we will be taking over for you."

HE looked at me and said "It won't be for long sweetheart. I promise once I heal all the way and my heart is back to normal you can do whatever you want to do until I decided to retire."
I nodded and said "Sounds fair dad. Right now I want you to get some sleep."
He chuckled and said "You can start tomorrow morning. I have everything set up in my office for the two of you. If you need any help you can come to me."

"I can do this father. Don't worry about it."
"I know you can. Just letting you know."

I nodded and said "Thanks for the heads up."
I kissed his head and stood up and left. I sighed and said "He's not going to live for long is he?"
The doctor sighed and said "I'm afraid so. He maybe has a few years left."
I nodded and said "I guess this will be a trail then uh?"
"I believe you can do it."
"I know I can. But I've been gone for almost forty years. I'm worried about how the people will respond to me."
"Don't be worried. When your father does get better we'll hold a ball in your and your mates honor."
I smiled and said "Just like good old times."
"Just like good old times. But I'm sure your still the beloved princess that everyone loves and adores."
"Maybe. I just need to sleep for tonight and then start tomorrow."
"Of course. I believe you know where your old chambers are."

"I do. Thank you."

I took my mate's hand and went to my chambers.