Chapter five: Is this a new beginning?

~ CHAPTER FIVE ~

It has been six months since James and Lars have been together. Everyone was supportive and very happy for them. But after time, Lars has gotten more and more aware that what they were doing is wrong. He knew he didn't feel as much affinity to James as James had to him. And he didn't know what to do about it.

"Hey James" Lars called, "you day-dreaming again?"

"Yeah, Sorry.. What were you saying again?" James asked

"I said, band practice is in 5 minutes, we have to get going."

And so they drove to the hotel and went off to the basement, where they met up with Kirk, Dave and Jerry, who was there to see how they were doing.

Band practice lasted for four hours, they were about to release their new album and tour again, which they were very excited about.

After the band practice, James went into his room and started doodling on a piece of paper. Lars walked in, his face looking very serious and somewhat apologetic.

"Hey um, we gotta talk" He said, looking guilty and broken.

"You okay, Lars?" James asked.

"James, listen, I know we're kinda together and all but.. I don't really feel the same way anymore. We've been going and I really love you man, but I think it's time to let go and start anew." He said this and walked away. He left.

James felt so betrayed, so lonely, and depressed. But just like Lars, his feelings have gone just as well. They have not completely disappeared, no. But they were slowly fading as well. And there was nothing to do about it now. It was over, but it was for the better.

James and Lars remained friends despite being a couple for the last 6 months. They have learned that it was better to forget all that and start a new page. They released their new album "Ride The Lightning" and toured Asia and Europe once more.

During their stay in New York, James and Kirk went out to a bar after a concert. They met lots of their fans there, but James has spotted someone who he couldn't keep out of his mind.

He went over to her and asked her name. It was Francesca. He took her number and asked if she wanted to go out sometime. Francesca was pleased and said she would love to.

In fact, Francesca has been watching him the entire night as well. Amused and waiting for the right time.

Two days passed and James had still not forgotten her. He learned that he falls in love fast, (with almost anybody) but this time it was different. When he wasn't with her, his heart ached and he couldn't stop thinking of her.

They went out for a bit over a year and finally James had asked her to marry him, and she accepted. They could not be more pleased than this. Truly a great couple.