Chapter one: The Big Day

~ CHAPTER ONE ~

The day has finally arrived. The band has been waiting for this day for more than three years now, but never had a chance. Until now of course. Last night they couldn't sleep, couldn't eat and couldn't talk. They were more nervous than they have ever been before. Today, Jerry Langton, a famous manager in Los Angeles, that has helped lots of bands achieve their dreams, will come to check out James and Lars' band; Metallica. The band started out with two Members, James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich, who both had a deep passion with music. Dave Mustaine and Kirk Hammet soon joined the band after some months. They have been working on their latest albums for three years, but needed a real manager to help them out. They knew without one, they were to get nowhere.

The door bell rang and Kirk hurriedly got up to open it.

"Hey Jerry" Kirk said with slight nervousness in his voice.

Jerry greeted them warmly, saying he wishes this would be a good day and walked in, he sat on the couch near Lars's drum kit and said "Right now don't see me as a manager, see me as a old friend, and play how you'd play for a friend" even though Jerry was almost as nervous as the guys, since he hadn't signed a metal band ever before, he decided it was good to wish him luck and hope for the best.

Jerry Langton has heard the band only once, performing a cover song by The Misfits, from a good friend of his, but he loved the way the band took the song and made it their own and wanted to help them with their future career.

"Well, get on with it" Jerry said with much enthusiasm. "I wanna hear what you've got" and made the "Rock On" hand sign, which made them laugh.

The band was very nervous and started out a bit too mellow and weak but as they gained their confidence they started rocking, head-banging and much more which left Jerry very impressed.

"Well" he said, "I think we can make this work, come by my office tomorrow afternoon and we'll have a six hour session, recording some songs, discussing how you'll be managed and with whom you'd like to do record some songs"

The band was overjoyed, they couldn't believe their ears. They hurriedly thanked Jerry and said they'll be right there in the office tomorrow. They helped Jerry out the door, and started celebrating. Beer bottle caps were flying all over the place, and other beer cans were scattered everywhere. They invited all their friends to celebrate this special event with them, fans of the band had also come to support them. When the party was over and everyone was too exhausted to move, lars decided to out on a car ride, and even though he was very drunk, no one stopped him from going out.