Chapter 2

Dedicated to Ed-rom, for the awesome chats, and for letting me be a character in her book :D It's and MCR Fanfic, called 'Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Feminine Killjoys' My character is called Fallen Dreamer. So if your a fan of MCR, head over and read her story, you won't be dissapointed - promise! :D x

Chapter 2 (Callie)

Tuesday

Sitting here, I could see everything, hear everything. The people before my eyes were twirling and leaping across the floor, winding their way elegantly past each other, their faces full of emotion. Their body's moved in ways that only a dancers body could. Occasionally, I could hear the soft sound of a foot against the floor, only just noticeable over the steady base of the song. Sitting here on the edge of this table, I could see the familiar faces of my dance class, with my teacher at the front; directing everyone.

I could also see a space in the front line; next to Chase; where I should have been dancing. But I wasn't.

Instead I was sat here, watching the dancers, wishing I could once again be a part of it. It could have been worse, though. I was still allowed to dance, just not all the time, and only if I was careful. I wasn't allowed to perform, which is what everyone was rehearsing for now.

The song finally came to a close, and the dancers all crowded around our teacher - Charlotte. "Okay guys, that was great! Remember it's only 6 days until the show, so practise, sleep well, and see you all on Friday for our last rehearsal before the dress rehearsal. The dress rehearsal is important so I expect to see you all there. Well done everyone, and see you Friday!"

I hopped down from the table as Erica skipped over to me. "So what film are we watching tonight? I think we should watch another horror, like-" Typical Erica. We were having a movie night, and she's obsessed with horror films! "-Oh please not 'I Am Legend' again! I've lost count of the number of times you've made me watch that," I didn't like horror films at the best of times, but zombies? No way. Erica, on the other hand, loved them. "You read my mind, Brooks," She laughed, "And anyway, it's not that scary." The look on my face caused her to clutch her stomach laughing.

"What's so funny?" Chase was suddenly stood behind me, a smile stretched across his face. " Her . . . face!" She said between laughs. I turned around and glared at her, which only made her laugh harder. "Well I think she's adorable," Chase lent over and kissed my cheek. Erica rolled her eyes, but didn't say anything. "So Mathews, you got any good film suggestions?" Erica has this habit of calling everyone by their surnames.

"How about 'The Hangover'?" Chase suggested. "Seen it" Me and Erica replied instantly. We started to head outside, after gathering up all our stuff. My hand found Chase's. "Hey, how about Titanic?" I thought it was a great idea, but Erica just groaned. We laughed and talked about random films, until we reached the bottom of the road.

I turned to face Chase, whilst still holding his hand. "What are you doing tonight, then? I asked him casually. "Not much, just hanging out with the guys at the skate park," I smiled. "Have fun -" But then I was interrupted by Erica. "And don't try skating this time!" She shouted from behind me. Chase couldn't skateboard to save his life, and she never let him forget it. He ignored her, and turned back to me. "Bye, love you" He kissed my forehead. "Love you, too" He smiled and turned to walk away.

 "Chase," I needed to talk to him. He turned back to look at me. But I couldn't do it. "Nevermind." He looked confused, but decided to let it go. For now. I watched him walk away. "I saw that Erica.," He didn't even turn around to where she was pretending to be sick. I laughed - Them two were like brother and sister; always arguing, but you can tell they love each other really. They just won't admit it. I watched Chase disappear round the corner. "What was that about?" I just shook my head, before looping my arm with Erica's. "Come on," I said dragging her along beside me.