Chapter 1 (Part 2)

Dedicated to MusicIsMySoul for probably being this stories biggest fan, lol. Thank you so much! :D x

My eyelids fluttered open, revealing the ceiling of a bright white room. I blinked as my eyes began to adjust. I spotted a wire sticking out of my arm and, feeling confused, I reached over to pull it out. A familiar soft voice stopped me, "Hey, not so fast," Chase took my hand; holding it away from the wire, in case I tried to take it out again. "Chase?" My throat was dry, and I was surprised he heard me. "I'm right here," he said, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear with his spare hand. I looked up at him, and it all flooded back. "I fell . . ." It was more of a statement than a question, but Chases reply of "Yeah," followed all the same. "We were worried about you. Erica was here, but she had to leave an hour ago,"

"An hour? How long have I been out?"

"About an hour and a half," There was a pause. "I'm gonna go tell the doctor your awake." He said, before kissing my forehead and leaving the room.

A couple of seconds later, My parents appeared through the door. Mum sat down in Chase's now empty seat by my bedside, then Dad dragged another chair up to my mums side. "Honey, what are we going to do with you?" said my mum, brushing my cheek with her long fingers. Chase entered, followed closely by the doctor, and sat on the corner of my bed. He squeezed my hand, and gave me a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"OK, Miss Brooks, we are going to have to run some tests to try and find out what caused you to collapse like that. We'll be able to do some scans in about an hour, but you'll have to stay here until we get the results, I'm afraid-" But I didn't let him finish. "Wait, I know I collapsed, but I was tired - It doesn't  mean anything - I'm fine!"

"We just have to make sure; better safe than sorry, right Miss Brooks?" replied the doctor calmly. I sighed.

* * * * *

So an hour later, I found myself being taken across the hospital for a scan. We approached a set of double doors, and I waited outside as the doctor went in and checked everything was ready. Finally, a little bit of time to think! The others haven't left my side since the doctor first announced that I had to stay in hospital for them to run some scans. I honestly couldn't see what all the fuss was about, I mean -

"So, why are you in here?" I jumped, as a strangers voiced sounded from beside me. I turned around. Sitting a little way across the room from me, was a girl. She had short black hair, and silver coloured eyes. "Oh, umm, I collapsed." She mouthed the words 'oh'. Silence. I took in what she was wearing - Black skinny Jeans, a plain white top, and converse. There was a picture on the back of her top, but I couldn't make it out. "Why are you here?" I asked. For a moment, I didn't think she would reply. "I'm always tired, and ache everywhere, all the time. I thought it was because I wasn't getting enough sleep, but everyone seems to think it's more serious than that. They're testing me for cancer." Now it was my turn to say 'Oh', I really didn't know what else to say. What if I had something like that? I wondered. But I stopped the thought in it's tracks. I'm fine. They're just over reacting. She held out her hand. "Hi, I'm India, but you can call me Indie," I shook her hand, "Callie," 

"OMG, I love your nail varnish!" She said, smiling, "Where'd you get it?" And from there, we carried on chatting until the doctor came out for my scan. "Well, bye then," I said, sad that I couldn't stay and talk to Indie for longer. The doctor started to lead me into the room. "Hey, wait."  I turned back. "Come to my room after your scan," Then she handed me a bit of paper with her room number scrawled on in black Biro. I smiled. "Bye," She said, waving.

* * * * *

That was how I met Indie. She still hasn't been diagnosed, but she's in hospital from time to time for more tests and treatments. I visit her whenever I can; and almost every time I have an appointment - like today. Suddenly, my name was called out from behind the counter, telling me the doctor was ready to see me. I stood up, and let go of the breath I didn't know I had been holding. I crossed my fingers, and knocked on the door with my other hand. "Come in" was the reply from the other side of the door. I entered the room, spending more time then necessary closing the door. "Good Morning Callie" Said Dr Smith. "Hi," I was holding my breath again, dreading the words that would surley follow. "Okay, well the results from your recent test have, unfortuantly shown no progress." My heart dropped. "So I still have . . . ?" Although I knew this would happen, hearing those next words made it real. "Yes. You still have brain cancer, Callie. I'm so sorry."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, So I finally finished it - On time this time, lol. :D I know it's short, but it's only the other half of chapter 1 - Hopefully the next one will be longer.  Thank you so much for reading, and remember to comment and vote if you like this story. I love reading your comments - they mean a lot to me. Also if I have made any mistakes, please tell me so I can fix them. This time there's a vote mimimum of 30+ to get the next chapter. Sorry if its annoying that I keep doing that, but I don't like feeling that I'm writing to myself. Summer holidays are coming up, so there should be more time to upload :D I have planned this, but if anyone has any ideas on what should happen, feel free to message me, and I might include your ideas :D Thanks again,

DaydreamerXx