Bitten

"Cyrus get back here this instant!" yelled my father desperately from the balcony.

We both watched as Cyrus my half brother walked feverishly down the drive and into the human world. Father shook his head and looked at me with pleading eyes. I sighed and hopped over the balcony railing to go find Cyrus.

"Thank you, Princess!" I could hear my father call after me.

I shook my head yeah whatever. I walked to the creek that's were he usually goes but nothing. I decided he could be at our neighbors house a mile up so I sprinted up to their door and asked politely if Cyrus was in and with a dull expression they said no.

 I sauntered down the street and decided he really must've went into the human world. I walked over to the boundary line which only vampires can see it. My feet were practically standing on it. I sighed and stepped over the line.

 I jogged down the road five miles before taking a deep breathe in. I closed my eyes. Yes! I caught his scent!

 No one can miss the strong cologne he wears. I started north to were his scent trail was leading me. I knew I was getting close cause his rancid cologne got stronger. I looked around the dark road when I heard " Help please? SOMEBODY HELP-"

Then I heard. " Will you shut up your already making this harder than it has to be!"

Cyrus! I sprinted toward were the voices are coming from. I breathed in and I could tell from my 100 feet away he was drinking too much blood. I ran over and shoved Cyrus off the young man. Who didn't look much younger than me. His eyes were empty.

Cyrus yells at me " What did you do that for?" He says wiping his mouth of the blood.

I looked at him like he had five heads. " You went over the limit. You ass! You know the limit is one and a half quarts. Look at him his heart rate is already slowing great just fucking great!!" I yelled to no one in particular.

 I looked back to the boy who looked like he was welcoming mortal death. Cyrus and I watched him. He wasn't fighting it he went along with it. I couldn't watch him any longer. I pick up our newly turned vampire and turn to Cyrus "Let's go."

 Cyrus gives me a look of hell no. I frown at him and say "Why not?"

 Cyrus backs up about ten feet and shouts "You ruined my meal!"

Cyrus then turns and runs into the opposite direction I wanted him to go. I sigh and I run for home hoping my father will know what to do with him. When I get closer to our estate I don't see Father standing on his balcony anymore. I guess that's a good thing.

I walk into our house and the first person to see me is my half sister Valentina. She looked at me in disgust then the newly turned vampire I was holding in that same face of disgust, "Hmmmm look what the cat drug in." Valentina said as she passed me twirling her hair.

 I roll my eyes at her and go up the spiral staircase. When I reach the top the newly turned vampire in my arms jerks a little but his eyes are still empty, good.

 I walk through every hallway of the upstairs nothing! Where is my Father? I finally jog back down stairs and find him in the Den looking at a map. Father has his back turned to me so I gently slide my I mean our captive into a leather chair off to the side.

 I start towards my father when " Darling I can already smell him, just bring him over with you."

I was startled by this then remembered the whole full vampire smell thing. Full vampires can smell for miles and miles on end. I pick back up the new vampire and place him on the leather sofa in front of Father.

My father studies him eyeing him up and down and all around. And he stops at the boys eyes and I realize his eyes are now fiery red. Father took a deep sigh before motioning for me to sit in the chair behind me. I didn't even realize there was one behind me. I sit and immediately my Father starts.

 "Why did you bring him here?" He asks staying calm.

 My Father was excellent at being calm in a stressful situation. I say "Well when I went to go look for Cyrus I found his scent trail and followed it and found him drinking blood well I stayed a hundred feet away but then I took a deep breathe to see if he took to much blood or not and I find out he did so I shoved him away from the boy and well he sort of turned right there in front of us. And I had no clue what to do with him so I brought him here hoping you could help." My father nodded in a understanding way.

"Well what should we do with him father? It's not like we can set him free he'll eat the whole town in a week." My father continued to nod at me.

 I know he's thinking of what we should do with him. I hear our captive stir in the sofa. I look over and his eyes have regained life to them.

He sits up, "Where am I?"

A/N  Newly edited chapter, I decided that I had to go back thru and change a bunch of things, hope its better now :)

~Shannon