1. Damn Stalker!!!

Copyright © 2011 Laura Ruiz.

All rights reserved.

COPYRIGHT

This story, "I'll Follow You Anywhere" including all chapters, prologues/epilogues and associated content (i.e fanfics, teasers and content within blogs, social networks and eReaders) is copyrighted. All rights are reserved by the owner and creator of this work (Laura Ruiz) and any unauthorized copying, broadasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law. Any links, images, brand names or otherwise copyrighted material is not my own and is not covered by my copyright. No copyright infringement is intended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lina awoke to the sound of her overly loud alarm blaring at her from the bedside table. Reaching over lazily she slammed her hand on top of it to turn it off. Stretching out, she tried unsuccessfully to rub the sleep from her eyes.

Deciding that a shower might work best in finally waking her up, she pushed herself out of bed with a small groan and chose her clothes for the day. Wonderful she thought sarcastically another high school day to get through. She liked school, but lately everything just seemed repetitive and dull. 

Making her way slowly down the hall to the one bathroom in the house, she remembered the reason for her sleepiness: Fito. Her so-called boyfriend had kept her on the phone by telling her he had something important to talk about. Being the nice girl she was, Lina decided to wait until he brought it up during their usual midnight talks behind her parents' backs, only to be stuck listening to him ramble on about himself, again. She wasn't even supposed to have a boyfriend, her parents would have killed her if they knew, but she had liked him once and had decided to give them a chance only to be sorely disappointed in the way he treated her most of the time. She had wanted to end things with him for a while, but things always got in the way: school, friends, his gang, everything. She had to find a way out before he could get her alone again; she only just made it out without him going too far... but he was always pushing it, always making it a bit harder. WHY WAS SHE SUCH A COWARD?!

Reaching for the doorknob, she was pushed aside by her younger, but much taller and darker brother, Abel. 

"HEY!" she complained, "I was going in there first this time!"

"You're just too slow Liny weenie" he mocked with a smirk just before he closed the door in her face. "You know you love me." he teased behind the closed door with a chuckle.

"Argh!" she fumed, "you're impossible." she said under her breath before walking back to her room.

"HEY I HEARD THAT!"  Abel yelled out as he turned the water on for his shower.

Seeing as how she might not get to shower before school, she was glad she jumped in to take one the night before after she got home from Mariachi practice. Now she'd only have to deal with feeling sleepy all day long... WONDERFUL.

After getting dressed and grabbing a quick peanut butter and jelly sandwich as her "breakfast" she quickly dashed out of the front door, determined not to be late and have to run after the school bus as was the usual with Abel and herself.

Just as the bus pulled up she saw Abel rushing to catch it before it took off. She quickly debated whether or not to tell the bus driver he was coming before finally deciding to play nice. 

"Mornin' Lina" Ms. Jay, the bus driver, greeted cheerfully.

"Hey Ms. Jay. Umm... Abel's running up to catch you..." she trailed off with a smirk.