Memories

I get to my mom's house, turning off the engine and get out of the truck. I look up to see my mom standing in the door way and I run to her, hugging her tightly as the tears begin to fall. She pulls me inside, sitting me down on the couch.

"Jen, should I call Lindsay?" She asks, getting me a beer.

"Yes, please." I say, laying back.

My mom walks into the kitchen, calling Lindsay. I lean over, putting my face in my hands as I let the tears flow. Joe was the prankster, Alec was the more serious one but I always knew how to make him laugh. Ryan and I, together were a disaster, we would destroy the camp with our jokes and pranks. He was my best friend! We told each other everything.

First day of boot camp, I had demanded a room with the guys but the Colonel wouldn't allow it because I was a girl. I remember watching Ryan walk up and start yelling at the Colonel telling him that I had every right to stay with the guys if that was my choice. He said, "ARE YOU BLIND, SIR? IT IS PRETTY FUCKING OBVIOUS THAT SHE IS A LESBIAN. FOR YOUR INFORMATION, THAT MEANS THAT SHE LIKES WOMEN! SO I DONT THINK THAT PUTTING HER IN A BUNK WITH OTHER WOMEN, IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA!" I had tried so hard to keep a straight face when the Colonel looked at me nodded and waved his hand towards the mens bunks then walking away. I looked at the strange man and shook his hand and said, "I'm Jen, and you are now my best friend." He looked at me and grinned and said, "I'm Ryan, and I guess I'm your new bunk mate." We all got settled in our new bunks and got to know the other 4 people besides Ryan and I in our room. Two of which were Joe and Alec, the other two were Steven and Micheal, both of which were killed in action.These men were brothers to me, Joe and I would stay up late some nights and look through stolen V.S. catalogs and joke about what it would like if they would do a private fashion show for us. Alec would wake up and through pillows at us to shut us up so don't get in trouble. Ryan would just laugh to himself and  tell us all to go bed. That's how we were, throughout boot camp, and the tours we served together. Even vacations would be spent together, the four best friends, causing chaos and having fun until the next time we were called for duty. 

I had just talked to Joe on the phone about going out for beers next week. To think that I won't see their smiling faces and talking about hot chicks and their one night stands anymore...it breaks my heart. 

My mom walks back in, handing me two ibuprofen. 

"Honey, Lindsay is on her way now."

"Thanks mom.."

"I'm so sorry honey."

I nod, getting up, taking the pills as Lindsay rushing through door, throwing her arms around me.

"Oh baby! I'm so sorry!" Lindsay says, looking at me. I shake my head and hug my mom and kiss her head.

"I love you mom, i'm gonna leave the car here okay? I'll get an officer to pick it up later." She nods and hugs Lindsay as we walk to the car. I get and lay my seat back and close my eyes, letting Linds know i dont want to talk about it, letting her drive home in silence.

Once home, I get a beer and go and sit on the couch, turning on the news, seeing their story is on.

"We just got word that the three men have been identified as Marines, who were due to serve their last tour in a few weeks. Joseph Alexander Reed, 27; Alec Brenton Fields, 26; and Ryan Andrew Powers, 27, were found dead in a local park-and-ride parking lot. The Coroner's office released the C.O.D. to be gunshot wounds to the head.." I chuck the remote at the tv, and watch as it crashes and shatters on the floor. Lindsay runs out.

"BABY!" She looks at me, running over to me, hugging me tightly.

"Babe, they were shot! Point blank, cold blooded in the head! For god sakes! They are marines!" I bury my face in Lindsay neck, sobbing.

"Come on baby, let's go to bed." Lindsay stands up, helping me to our room. I get undressed and crawl into bed, watching Lindsay do the same.  

"Hey Linds, can we just forget about tonight just for a little while?" I say, pulling her on top of me.

"Of course baby, whatever you want." She kisses me.______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New chapter, kinda lame, but trust me, i got a few good ideas coming and hey, i can't do it unless i get votes and comments, so PLEASE! I'm beggin you, if you like this story, share it with your friends but also, if you could. Vote and comment please? Greatly appericiated THANK YOU!