Only the good die young

Okay, so I'm on my phone typing this and its a school night so if its stupid, I'm tired, not my fault.__________________________________________________

As I fall to my knees, the tears fall down my face, the faces of three of my best friends lying in front of me, the life drained from their comical faces. Joe, Alec and Ryan were like brothers to me, we fought together on my last two tours and we were being reassigned for our last one together before they were done. I beat the ground with my fist, allowing all my emotions to flow from me. We survived boot camp together, deployed together and fought together. Ryan saved my ass on more than one account while overseas and I made a promise to him, I would repay him one day. Ryan was the kind of guy who didn't expect anything in return for a favor. Real southern gentlemen they were. I was pulled back from the crime scene to the truck where Director forced me to stay and calm myself down before instructing me to leave.

"Why can't I be on this case?" I asked, trying to reign in my emotions.

"You could disrupt the investigation by being too close to these boys. I'm sorry Jen, its mandatory."

"But...I can help!" I plead.

"We may ask you for help but I'm sorry, you can't be here." Director says, knowing what they meant to me.

I get up slowly, trying to keep my emotions at bay as I nod and walk back to my car. I feel my phone ring in my pocket, pulling it out, I see its my mom.

"Hey mom..."

"Jen, are you alright? I saw you on the news at a crime scene!" I guess they got my tantrum on tape...

"It's Joe, Alec and Ryan, mom...."

"Oh hunny!! Do you want to come over?"

"I'm on my way. love you." I hang up.

Getting in my car, I text Lindsay saying i'm going to my mom's house and start the forty-five minute drive there.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Emotional little chapter, i'll post another i just wanted to get this part over with.