Chapter Eleven

Rod's POV

I ran through the garden, trying to escape the path of the muscular man who destroyed me radio and ran after me in great amount of speed. Maybe going onto someone's private property wasn't as bright as a idea as I personally thought it was. But I could see her purse, the purse she once spent hours talking about with Gina. I know she's in there and I couldn't even tell the Sherif. It was getting dark, the sky had turned to a dark blue, almost a purple. I didn't know where I was running, but I bolted in that direction.

A volt of electricity zoomed through my entire body. There was two people chasing me, and I was only foolish enough to notice one. The one with the electric tazer was a tall slim woman, with hair that looked almost black in the moon light. The volt sent me backward onto the ground and screwed up my sight, it wasn't meant for me to pass out, only to stop me from running any farther. I could see only a figure of the woman and the man, but my sight was returning slowly. But my neck, where the lady zapped me, was burning as if the flesh was falling off layer by layer. The things I did just to find the girl I loved.

I indeed was in love with Christine and every little detail of her being. She was the most beautiful girl I ever laid eyes on, sure I flirt with other girls and talk about my girl problems with her, but it's only to make her jealous. To make her want me other than Conor. I didn't understand why she liked Conor so much, he wouldn't even search for her today because he felt it was "unneeded", whereas I'm giving up practically my life for her. I love Christine, and a kidnapper was not going to thin my chances with her, not today.

"Looks like he's part of that search party," The woman said with excitement.

"Maybe we should teach him what happens to people who get too close to the real game," The man responded.

"Bring him inside, George, I want this boy to be taught a lesson for creeping on private property," She demanded and with that the man picked me off the grass and brought me into the house. They shut every window on they way down to the basement, where he flung me to the pavement. I couldn't pass out. I couldn't just give up and not continue to search for Christine. I was doing this all for her, I needed to remember that. She was worth it, she'll always be worth it.

"Mommy, who's this?" A little girl's voice popped up. I could see her, a blonde child holding a teddy bear in her arms as she cried to herself. She was wearing pajamas, with kitty cats covering her legs and her torso. She was only yet a child, was I to believe she was helping with the kidnap of my best friend?

"It's a boy who's going to be taught a lesson," She told her daughter. She went up to a door with a padded lock and unlocked it. The man dragged me by my arm and pushed me into the room. "But only later will he suffer for his wrongs." She shut the door and I was left alone.

"Rod?" A familiar voice, a really familiar voice mumbled. I looked back to see her.

But it wasn't the her I saw five days before, the one who nearly died on the side of road, but someone else. Her eyes were blue, not the chocolate brown I remembered to this date. The hair that was draped across her face was a thick brown, not the blonde I have come to love. This wasn't her, yet it was most certainly the girl I came to love each day during school. Everything I thought about her came into focus, her kidnappers tried to change her, make her unnoticeable to the human eye as she spent her days locked in a basement. This girl was Christine, but she didn't seem to even show any of Christine's characteristics.

"Christine?" I mumbled, still shocked from the volt of electricity.

"How did you get here?" She demanded to know while making her way across the room to me. "They hurt you."

"I was part of a search party looking for you! Everyone is so worried, your mother practically thinks you're dead. I thought something horrible happened to you!" I hugged into her. Christine's hair may of been a different color, but it still had the same apple scent as it always did. I didn't want to let go, I just wanted to absorb her scent and live for the best. I didn't want to move out of this place ever again, I just wanted it to be me and her in this world of mayhem. I just wanted to kiss her for once, maybe even have my first kiss with her. If these people were planning on killing me like they killed her little sister, I was sure as hell going to die a virgin.

"I'm not dead, and neither are you. We're going to make it," She said to me. I smiled. This was good to know.

---

Jenna's POV

"That is my boy who's missing now!" Mrs. Templeton, otherwise known as Edna, screamed at me. She was pissed off beyond belief because her son disappeared while on the search for my missing daughter.

"Ma'am if you calmed down and gave us the information needed, we'd be very appreciative!" Kendal attempted to calm her down, but yet she still stared at me with her eyes as daggers. She hated me, yet a few days ago she was comforting me. Was it my fault her son decided to go out on his own? No, it was hers for not stopping him.

"What information do you need that Jenna hasn't already given you?" She snarled at Kendal. I just laid back in my seat and hoped to God she'd realize she was picking up a woman who just had her daughter murdered and the only boy who was any close to finding out who kidnapped my other daughter was missing.

"Any other details we should know about Rod that may help with the search?" He asked.

"Roderick was very much so a good boy, no one wanted to hurt him. I can only think of one thing you may not know about him because the boy himself doesn't even know yet," Edna began.

"And that would be?" Kendal raised an eyebrow.

"He was adopted. Teenage mother to be exact. She was deemed unfit to raise a child,

so he was put up for adoption and so my husband and I adopted him since we couldn't have children of our own," Edna explained. "She was a crooked young girl, was always blaming someone else for her problems. I didn't like her. She was trying to force us to name Roderick, Caleb. But we denied her claims and then we moved far away from her. She moved back though. Into that town he went missing in."

"What was her name?" Kendal asked her.

"Katrina Loveless," Edna stopped my heart beat.