Four

I listened to 'All Through The Night' and 'Already Gone' by 'Sleeping At Last' over and over and it really got me into the mood to write this chapter. :'(

-

Liam's POV

"I can't believe him!" I yell at Niall.

I'm pacing around the living room and I believe I've knocked over two lamps whilst doing so.

"I mean, I'm unbelievably relieved and thankful he managed to keep Louis alive, but apart from that, he's a horrible man!"

"I know, Lima," Niall answers with a sigh.

He walks further into the room and sits down on the couch with his drink in hand. He's been trying his best to listen to me for the past 10 minutes, even though I can tell he'd rather not.

"But for real!" I go on anyway. "He's not understanding towards any of us! Our friend just got into an accident. He's in a fucking coma, Niall! And that shit doctor doesn't even let us see him! Not for even a second!"

Niall sighs again and rubs his face. I know he feels as horrible as I do. It's just that he's good at keeping his feelings inside whilst I'm good at blowing them up.

"I'm so angry! For fucks sa-"

"That doctor is an asshole, I know he is," Niall cuts me off. "But there's not much we can do about it,"

Niall's voice breaks a little and I'm sure he just wants me to shut up already.

"I know," I sigh. Though, I can't help myself. I just have to get this out. I know Niall doesn't like it and would rather be distracted, but this is my way of processing. I need to talk about it.

"But I just can't stand the man's face as well!" I yell. "He looks so snobby, don't you think?"

"Yes, Lima. He looks snobby. Now, please stop,"

"And he's so mean! It's as if he doesn't even have feelings,"

"Well," Niall starts, getting angry now. "He probably does have feelings, but he's a professional doctor so maybe he's not allowed to show them?"

"Well, he should be allowed!" I say, raising my voice once more. "We might never see Louis again. He owes us at least a goodb-"

"Don't you dare say that," Niall sneers as he jumps from the couch.

He's right in front of me within seconds.

Our faces are only inches away and his pointed finger is touching my chest. Niall's breathing rapidly and his eyes are wide. They burn into mine.

"S-sorry," I stutter.

"You can't say that. I don't want to think of the possibility,"

"Niall," I whisper as I notice that tears are welling up in his eyes. "I'm really sorry,"

Niall just nods and looks down.

Having Louis in the hospital is killing both Niall and I. The news is still as terrifying as it was when we first heard it and not knowing makes the situation so much worse. It honestly feels as if there's someone inside of me twisting my guts.

The doctor told us that we should prepare for the worst, but what does that even mean? Doesn't Louis have a chance at all?

To be honest, the words hadn't even sunk in as deep before as they do right now. But Louis won't die. He's too good of a person to be taken away so soon. Plus, he's always been alright before.

I remember this one day when he stepped onto a sea urchin. He stung his foot pretty badly. It looked sick. The boys and I were so worried about him, but he managed to be just fine. He was even smiling afterwards.