Why Did It Take Three Trials To Realize The Truth?

Trial THREE

I woke up just in time to got to another trial..........GREAT!

" OK we have a three in one for the trials. 1st  you need to jump out of a plane and hit a mountain. 2nd you have to tie a cement ball to your foot and see how long both of you can last with one oxygen tank. 3rd you have to kill one another." He explained. I was so shocked and confused.

" WHY KILL EACH OTHER!?" I exclaimed, he stared at me.

" Just do it...........Well Let's get started!" He said, I hated planes now. He brought us to a plane and I looked at Danny. I held his hand as we stepped onto the air plane. He looked at me as we put the parachute on. I couldn't get it so Danny wrapped his arms around me and clipped the buckle. I sat down and Danny leaned over and whispered something into my ear. I nodded. We were going to go down together, which I preferred. The plane started and I got sick all of a sudden. I didn't want to be hurt again, I was hoping this time it would be fast and painless.

We were there in no time. The plane hovered over the drop zone. I prepared to jump, me and Danny were hand in hand and we jumped. The Tree man told us NOT to use the parachutes. So we didn't But this time it hurt terribly. I wonder what happens if we just get severely hurt.....not killed. I thought to myself. Then I hit the cold icy ground. I died instantly. All my bones had been broken, but the one thing that was wasn't broken was are hand hold. 

My eyelids fluttered open and Tree man lead me to a lake. I ran over to Danny and picked up his hand.

" Together?" I asked, he smiled and nodded. We sat down as they tied a chain to are feet. A huge cement ball was tied to are to chains. He rolled it forward, as we walked towards the water. He pushed it over the ledge and it basically ripped off my leg. I hit the side of the ledge and fell in. We floated to the ground and we started passing the nasal for the oxygen. After we were about to run out........ I did a stupid/romantic thing. I pushed the nasal away and leaned over and kissed him, he wasn't surprised are all. He just held that kiss for as long as we could before we had to take a breath. My lungs filled with water and I slipped into the cold hands of death.......

We were lead into a big open room. Tree man handed us each a gun. My hand was shaking and I was nerves.  I stepped forward. KILL SOMEONE, HOW COULD I KILL SOMEONE!? I inched towards Danny. He laid down his gun and stepped right in front of me. His forehead was touching the gun barrel.

" Go.....SHOOT!" He yelled as he braced himself for the pain. I couldn't do it though. I threw the gun at Danny and he caught it in his hands.

" I can't................. you do it...........please." I begged, that's when he leaned over and kissed me on the cheek.

" Forgive me........." He whispered. That's when he pulled the trigger and a pain shot through my temple. I collapsed to the ground and everything went dark......for the fifth time............I WAS GETTING SICK OF IT!

I woke up and no one was there except a mouse.

" DANNY?!" I yelled. He came up from under the machine.

" Shh............follow me." He said, his face was peaked white like he had just seen a ghost. So I did an he led me to a little room. The room was cold and I always felt like someone was watching me.

" Lucy...........we are the 202 people to do these trials." He explained, " All the other people either died or turned into life less people..............." He drew me close as I felt faintish.

" What................who do you know?" I asked, he picked up my hand and showed me a window. through the window you could either see spirits,body's with not soul, and dead body's on the floor. The sight was gruesome. I saw younger people than I, I saw people who deserved the rest of there life.

" HOW!?" I looked away and was freaking out.

" The life machine..............it gives you life........but it also drains it." He explained. I gasped as I knew what would happen for us. I turned around and ran out of the room. Danny was trying to figure out to stop it. I didn't look where I was going so I ran right into Tree man.

" HOW COULD YOU!" I screamed, he smiled and patted my head.

" You signed a contract therefor you CAN NOT back out until you finished all twenty Trials." He sneered. My anger level raised and I blew it. SMACK! I smacked him right in the face he shoved his hands on top of the red spot and kicked me.

" Thats not very wise girl.........................." He whisled and a big man came over and picked me up. I screamed as loud as I could and Danny came running out. The next thing I knew was that I was hand cuffed to the wall.

" HELP!" I whimpered as my wrists rubbed raw from me trying to get away. Only the sound of rats running across the floor replied my plead. I was sure of it........no matter what I did I would die again. I just knew it.