Chapter 7: Our First Plan

Mike's P.O.V.

"Yea, right, Tori!" I exclaimed.  "I'm not even thinking straight, and you're a weakling!  No way we'll be able to kill him!"

"Excuse me?!" she gasped.

"We've had to save you from practically every ride!  And now we're the only ones left!" I said.

"Not fair!" Tori exclaimed.  "If I remember correctly, I'M the one who knocked the knife out of the killer's hand on the roller coaster!  I'M the one who jumped off just in time.  I'M the one who dragged your body ALL THE WAY to the bathroom.  AND I'M the one one who brought you back from unconciousness!"

Everything was silent for a moment.

"We don't need to be fighting," I said finally.  "Not at a time like this."

"You're right."  she sighed and leaned back against the wall behind her.  "We need to think of a plan."

"I say we find that knife that you supposedly knocked out of his hand, first step," I suggested.

"Right," she said, and nodded once.  "Let's go now.  I need to get out of this death trap as soon as possible."

The whole time we were making our way towards the roller coaster where she dropped the knife, we were looking around suspiciously, sometimes hiding behind things and other times running for our lives.  We eventually got over to the ride. 

 "Here it is," she sighed, picking it up on the ground with two fingers like she was afraid it would contaminate her. 

"Right."

"What do we do now?"

"I don't know...." I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck. "I guess the only thing TO do is to kill him," I said.

"And how are we supposed to do that, Genius?"

"He ends up finding us all the time anyways, doesn't he?  So why don't we just....you know....sit here until he shows up?"

"Well, that solves the FINDING part," she scoffed.  "But what about the actually MURDERING part?"

"There's two of us and only one of him," I said.

"True that.  Plus, I'm pretty sure we have his only weapon," she said, holding the knife up.

"Great.  So we both tackle him at the same time and one of us....you know....kill him?" I asked.

"Sure.  Why not.  It's our best plan yet."  And so we both sat down....and sat there.  For, like, 30 minutes.  Even though it seemed alot longer.  And then, he came out of hiding.  I was the first to see him.

"Tori!" I whispered.

"What?" she hissed.

"He's over there." I made a slight movement with my hand pointing to where he was.  "Hiding in the bushes."

She peered over there and nodded understandingly.  I saw her hand under her jacket that was holding the knife re-adjust her grip. 

He advanced toward us menancingly.  You could tell he knew that he was going to win, the way that his eyes behind the ski mask pierced mine.  What he didn't know was that we had a weapon, and he didn't.

What I didn't count on was that he had another weapon, concealed under his jacket.

He paused about twenty feet away from us, pulled a tiny gun out of his jacket, and pointed it straight at me.

I heard a bang.

And that was it.