Lukas' POV: Remembering

This is gonna be short...

-♥-♥-♥-

Luke's POV

I dug through my closet looking for the the perfect thing to wear to this party. Hell, I sound like a chick, but this wasn't just any party. This was Tessy's party. I had spread the new of her party through the school like wildfire. She wanted a big party, so I was gonna give her one. She deserved it.

I can't believe I only met her a few days ago. It already feels like I've known her forever. Well, she does claim that she knew me when we were kids, but... I don't know, I just feel like I missed a big part of my childhood. I frowned at myself as I shifted through my clothes. I finally found my button up white shirt with the dragon symbol on the side and I settled on a pair of black jeans and a pair of Vans. Changing quickly into my party clothes, I made my way over to the mirror and glared at my hair. I started to fix it up in my signature just-woke-up look, which took some effort to perfect. Then, I topped it all off by spraying myself with Axe. It was a Saturday night, and I was ready to get my party on! I glanced out the window and could see into the Gooding's house. I watched as Kelly, Tessy's mom, climbed onto a step ladder to hang a banner that read 'Happy 18th B-Day!' on it. Then I smirked as I saw Tessy dancing like crazy in the kitchen while she set up snacks and drinks.

I'm going over there early to embarass her. I can't wait to see her blush! She looks so cute when she does... I blinked and replayed the thoughts I had just had in my head. What was happening to me? I never felt like this with the other girls I used. I shuddered at the thought. I could never feel like I was using Tessy. She was too...genuine? She wasn't too innocent...I learned that after what happened in the car on the first day she came to school. I smirked at that memory. But Tessy was just so...pure. And happy. Not like those posers that let themselves be dragged into the janitors closet without a second thought.

I turned back to my closet to look for some clean socks... or just socks, they don't necessarily need to be clean. Grumbling when I couldn't find any, I stepped all the way into my closet to dig for some in the back. Suddenly my hand hit something sharp. "AGH! Fffff... what the hell was that?" I reached down and flung the pile of clothes of the sharp object. I frowned curiously at the object that emerged.

It was a tiara. Like the kind little girls wear to parties with princess themes. What the hell is it doing in my closet!? I tried to pull it out, but it was hooked on something. I pushed off more clothes and what I saw made my heart freeze.

The crown was hooked on a small shoebox simply marked: Tess.

My eyes widened and my breath caught halfway in my throat as my heart started to pound. I didn't remember this. Why was it in my closet? It looked just like the one Tessy had marked Lucky...

Oh my god.

I grabbed the shoebox out of my closet and hurriedly emptied the contents on my bed. Then I froze. I stared at the objects laid out in front of me and felt something stir deep inside of me. then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

All of the memories flooded back into my mind like a torrential downpour. All the birthdays, all the secrets, all the tears and the smiles came rushing back to my memory. All the fights, all the make-ups, all the insults, all the hugs, everything. It was like I had opened Pandora's box of Tess and I couldn't stop the constant flow of memories of her sweet laughter, her beautiful smiles, and the one thing I could help but notice.

How much I was in love with her.

The realization came crashing down on me all at once and my heart felt like it had been shocked with a thousand watts of electricity. The memory came back of the months after Tess had left. The crying, the depression, the distancing. All the reasons I had done the single thing I was regretting at this moment.

I had erased Tessy Gooding from my memory.

I slowly let out a shaky breath I hadn't realized I was holding. My eyes skimmed over the memories in front of me and a smile crept onto my face. This was it! This was the proof I needed! She did grow up with me! I remembered! I REMEMBER TESS!!!!!! I punched the air with triumph. "WAHOO!!" I shouted , but slapped a hand over my mouth when I realized how loud I had shouted. The sound of loud music drifted to my ears and I peeked out the window. Crap, the party had already started! How long had I been standing there!? I smiled at the silhouettes i could see against the curtains in Tess' room. Vikki, Tammy, and a few other girls from school had agreed to help Tess and each other get ready for the party. From what I could tell through the window, only Tammy and Vikki were left in here room. The other girls must be down at the party already. Dude...I sound like such a creeper. I shook my head and looked away from the window. I slipped on my shoes and took a deep breath.

I had pushed Tessy away once, but never again. I loved her, and I always had, I was just too cowardly to face my feelings. Not this time. "I'm coming for you Tess." I muttered under my breath then ran downstairs to join the party next door.