The One With The Alfonso Family

"Crap Sebastian, out of all days you choose today to be late." His good friend joked over the phone, it was Jake who hated to wait and Sebastian had a problem with tardiness.

"Oh shut up, I ran into this insane monster stuck inside a pretty girl." He replied, rolling his eyes as he remembered Nina.

Jake chuckled lightly. "Sounds interesting, do tell."   

Sebastian scoffed and tossed his pizza suit into a hamper where his other dirty laundry was, his mind going back to this morning. "I was working and this girl just runs into me, dropping all her drinks all over my uniform-"

"The pizza one?" Jake interrupted.

"Yeah."

"Thank goodness."

"Anyway, she dropped all her crap including her drinks spilling it all over my flyers. And to top it all off she blamed me for it." Sebastian shook his head and began changing into something more comfortable.

"Sorry to hear about that but you got to get down here, we're all waiting."

Sebastian heard laughing from his other friends that were probably waiting or him. He quickly threw on his black pea coat that his sister had bought for him knowing that he was moving to New York and over it he wrapped a scarf around his neck. He picked up his keys and left his apartment, moving fast as he made his way to the elevator.

"Hey deary." He heard a familiar voice greet him as he was about to enter the elevator, politely he turned around and smiled.

It was Ms. Davis, the most sweetest lady he knew. She was a frail old lady but was anything but an old lady, she regularly taught these dance classes making her very healthy despite her age. She was dressed in long sparkly dress while her grey hair was slicked back into a bun.

"Hi Ms. Davis." He greeted back.

She walked up towards him and fixed his scarf. "You got to dress a little warmer or you will catch a cold, Sebastien." She instructed him in a motherly tone.

He chuckled lightly and nodded. "Yes ma'am."

As she looked at him, her eyes rolled. "Alright, deary. Have fun."

Sebastien nodded and hugged her gently. "You have fun too, alright?" He replied as he pulled away to look down at her.

She nodded. "Before you go. When are you available to come to one of my dance classes?"

He groaned, she's been asking him that ever since she started. Slowly but surely he began to back up. "I've got to go now, my friend's are waiting." He told her in a timid smile.

Ms. Davis was not dumb, she knew that Sebastien did not want to go at all but she continued to ask him. She rolled her eyes and sighed. "You would love it."

He nodded without really listening. "Goodnight, Ms. Davis!" He waved goodbye before he entered the elevator, a sigh of relief leaving his lips.

As the elevator slowly went down, it made weird clicks which should have made Sebastien a little concern but he wasn't. This elevator was old and usually broke down, everyone who lived there was used to it. As the doors opened, a familiar loud and rambunctious Italian family entered the elevator.

The Alfonso family was huge and usually didn't really care that the elevator could not carry more than ten peoples since they regularly crammed themselves inside the small compartment.

"Oh, it's Sebastien! Say hi everyone." Mrs. Alfonso exclaimed happily.

"Hi Sebastien." The all greeted in unison as they looked at him.

He awkwardly smiled since he was pressed up against the wall.

"Mama, I forgot my toy!" The little boy tugged on his mother's skirt, his name was Paolo and had deep dimples on his cheeks.

She let out a frustrated sigh and pressed the button to make the elevator go up again.

***

Nina continued to press onto the elevator button, hoping that it would move faster. Tonight was a huge banquet for the fashion company she was working for and she had already got into trouble this morning so she decided to arrive at the party an hour earlier, everything had to go perfect tonight.

She sighed as she adjusted her dress, it was a navy and long. The neckline of the dress was v neck and was silky material, it had straps so she decided to throw her black pea coat since it was cold outside and snowing lightly. The bottom of the dress was also navy and had tulle making her feel like a princess since it was similar to a ballgown but less gown which made it appropriate for her to wear.

"Finally." She sighed as the elevator doors opened, before she walked in a huge family walked out.

One little girl pointed at her and beamed. "It's a princess!"

Nina blushed as she adjusted her dark brown hair that was put into a simple updo with wavy hair framing her face. She entered the elevator, pressing on the button with the large "L" on it. .

As the elevator moved down it made loud sounds, people that lived here told her that was it was normal so she just went along with it. It's been 5 months since she moved to New York and she was still adjusting to it, her fingers were vigorously typing away since her boss was going crazy asking her where she was.

Once the Alfonso family moved out of the elevator, Sebastien reached for his phone quickly texting his sister who lived in Indiana with her newly wedded husband. He missed her a lot.

As the elevator continued to move, the lights suddenly went out.

Nina's eyes grew large as a small scream leave her lips, she gripped on the railing that was along the elevator's wall.

The lights were still out but the elevator continued to move but it abruptly halted making Sebastien loose his balance bumping into another body that was in the elevator. Nina jumped at the touch and punched whoever touched her.

"Ow!" Sebastien yelped, nursing his cheek that was hit hard.

"I'm so sorry!" Nina gasped once she heard the voice, moving her hands throughout the darkness. Her finger suddenly felt something wet removing it right away. "What was that?" She questioned quickly.

"That was my mouth!" He answered.

Suddenly, the lights turned back on.

Nina and Sebastien looked up to see who they were conversing to, their eyes large once they realized who it was.

"What the hell?!" Sebastien gawked at the familiar face as he moved away from her.

Nina pressed up against the wall and glowered at Sebastian. "Are you following me?"

He made a face of disgust. "You wish."