Chapter 1

Chapter 1

            I woke up to the shrill voice of my alarm clock- my mother. I have never had a chance to sleep in ever in my life. Every day I have to get up sharp at 5o’ clock so I can shower properly get dress adequately and make breakfast for my family. “ROXAN! Get down here you Lazy girl!!! If I don’t hear your shower in 1 sec bitch I will personally come and give you your beatings for the day!” You guessed right that is my mother Alie. This is my cue to get up and shower before she barges in here all crazy.

I get up off my plush bed, which is not exactly for me but for my mother’s “reputation” in front of our other relatives. She cares about her reputation so much that she would give me a room that looks like it belongs to princess. The floor in covered with a very soft black coloured carpet and the walls are all covered in red furry wallpaper too.

All of the furniture is white in colour. Off course this is not for me because if my parents could they’d throw me in a cellar and only let me out for doing household chores. Shaking these thoughts from my head I walk into my bathroom.

I look at my reflection in mirror wonder once again like every other day why do my parents despise me so much. Yeah I guess I’m not as pretty as any of my other cousins but what have I ever done wrong. I try my hardest to always match their expectations but they always think that I put no effort in it at all. I pick up my brush and start brushing my teeth before anyone comes to find me idly standing in my bathroom.

I get into the Jacuzzi tub and start thinking of what I have to do today at school. I don’t have any real friends so I just spend my time in the library. A lot of people invite me to sit with them because of my reputation and my wealth but I never take them up on it. I can never let them in my life because I am not allowed to bring anyone home. I quickly get out of the shower and wrap a towel around myself.

When I enter my room I suddenly felt like someone’s watching me. I turn towards the window and see a shadow pass by and intake a sharp breath. Walk towards the window to investigate. I bring my knees up on to the windows ill and shuffle on my knees to the window and open it. No one is there but I swear I had seen someone. I shake off these thoughts and quickly pack my bag pack.

I rush down to the spiral staircase and run into the kitchen. I start to prepare this morning’s breakfast omelets, bacon and veg. sandwiches. Exactly like my mom had written on the sticky note stuck to the refrigerator as always. As soon as I finish making the breakfast my brother comes down to take his coffee.

When I see him come down I feel the pang of loneliness again. I can’t help but regret my decisions 2 years ago even if they were so I could have a better life. My decisions made him hate me too thinking this a lone tear slides down my cheek and I turn around so my brother won’t see the tear and quickly wipe it off.

I turn towards my brother with his coffee and greet him “Good morning Jazz”. He nods his head in a way to great me back and sits down to have his coffee. I start to put out   three plates and arrange breakfast for them before my mother and father come down.

You’re probably wondering why three plates of breakfast and not four well that’s because I am not allowed to eat breakfast with them because they say that I am not worthy of eating at the breakfast table with my family. I always eat the leftover food from all three meals. My mother comes down the stairs and yells “Is the breakfast ready or not you lazy ass.” She comes into the kitchen and I nod “yes mother”.

Ever since I can remember I have had to put up with this I have no idea why they hate me but by now I am used to it.

After they finish eating their breakfast my mom stays back and I look at her expecting to be yelled at for what a horrible breakfast I made. “The food today was okay but you could make it better” she looks at my taken aback face and continues on “some of our friends are coming and they will be bringing their son and daughter along I suggest you do not embarrass our family”.