1. A sleepover to remember

To Claire, Michelle, Ella, Malcolm, Chris, and Ryan; Who’ve always stuck by me and encouraged me.

~Authors note:Hey guys! Thanks for reading my story. I hope you like it! If you do, please comment, become a fan or vote because then I will know you like it and upload faster. Thanks!~

  It was an eerily quiet Saturday night in Ancaster, Ontario. Everyone was snug in their beds. Well, except for some graveyard shift store employes, some late night shift policemen and firefighters, and 4 very giddy grade 11 girls.

  “Omygosh, I totally know what to play!” exclaimed Elodie Han. Elodie was a korean girl that had black, shoulder length hair with blondish-yellow streaks. She wore contacts, as she was pretty much blind without them. She was very girly and liked pink, yet she was also sort of tomboyish at the same time.She had come from South Korea to Canada in grade 5, and had befriended the 3 others instantly.

  “What?” asked Madison Moseley. Madison was tall for he age. She towered over the others. She wore glasses which she felt made her look geeky, and had light brown, shoulder length hair. She was the kind of girl that liked dirt biking, target shooting, and camping out. She was really sweet, but also had a quirky menacing side, and a great sense of humor. She had come to their middle school in grade 7. “Never have told!” Elodie responded.

  “Ohhh! I love that game! Who’s going first?” gushed Caleb VanZanden. Caleb had a brown bob cut. She was fun with a sense of humor, and always had to make everything fair for everyone. She had 3 younger siblings at home, and always dreaded to help her mother with them. She was definitely the weirdest in the group, a title which she was proud of. She had come to their Elementary school in grade 3.

  “Fine. I will.” Caylin sighed. She new it would take forever to decide if she didn’t volunteer, and it wasn’t so bad. Caylin Herbert had very unique "mermaid hair", as her friends called it. It started out dark brown at her roots and ended in white blond, mid-way down her back. She was very persistent and a bit of a germ freak. She was short compared to the others, probably because she skipped a grade. She also had taken dancing from a very young age and was flexible, something she was very proud of. She was the first to come to their elementary school.

   They all had one thing in common. They all hated their names. Elodie thought her name sounded too girly, so she went by El. Madison was named after her grandmother, who she hated with a passion. She went by Maddi. Caleb hated that her name was a boy’s name, which was what her parents expected, and were to lazy to change the name. She went by Cal. Caylin just plain hated her name with no reason, and felt Cay suited her better.

  “Well?” Maddi asked. Cay paused. She new a great one, but she had always wondered what would happen if she told. She pushed the thoughts away. She was just paranoid. She took a deep breath. “Alright. Well, before you guys came to our old school, I had this friend named Ashley De Fantour. She was, well demanding. She was also an orphan.”

  “How come I’ve never heard of her?” asked El. “She died of measles just before grade 3, and it's kind of awkward to bring it up.” answered Cay. “Anyway, she had this really big secret that no one but us two knew about.” Cay paused. She shouldn’t tell them, but it was to late. “She was the one who killed her parents.” Cay flinched as everyone gasped. “But how did she do it? She’d of been so young if she did it before grade 3!” Gasped Cal. “Well it was sort of by accident. She found matches and, being 5, played with them in her room at night. She lit one on fire and she was so surprised she dropped it.She ran out of the house and soon the whole thing was on fire. Her parents didn’t get out in time.”

  Cay hung her head. She shouldn’t have told. When no one spoke, she added, “I never told anyone because she threatened to light my and anyone I told’s house on fire.”  “Oh Cay, I’m so sorry!” Was all El could manage. Suddenly, they heard a thump against the window. They all practically jumped out of their skins. “Probably just a bird. Nothing to worry about.” Maddi said a little too quickly. “I...I think we should sleep now.” Cal whispered. They all silently agreed.

~Authors note: Thanks for reading! Remember to Comment, become a fan or vote! It would mean soooo much to me! :) Also I just put up a slide show of all the characters on the side!! Yay mee!!  ~