Dinner

~Kit~ 

So some emotional shit went down and Rage and Jack left. Leaving me and Jace to fend for our selves. UGH.. 

"Ma'am, sir, what was my special little Kit like when she was small?"

"Jace? You mean she hasn't told you?!" My father groaned.

"No, papa, I haven't. Daddy, please don't ask them, I'll tell you some other time okay?" I begged.

"Sweetheart, I can't wait until you're ready. I have to know so I can accommodate you." he pat my head comfortingly, "Now, what was her childhood like?"

"Well," My dad started, "We didn't meet Kit until she was 10. Her real mom and dad didn't want her so they sold her off to some mental facility and they did horrible tests on her. When she was 10 she ran away to an orphanage. My wife can't have kids so we went to adopt one. We saw her sitting in the corner and we took her as our own. It took awhile, but she opened up to us and told us what happened. After that, we were good parents, at least, we think we were. We felt really bad for what she had experienced and now look at her. Less than a decade later she found a man to make her feel loved."

Jace looked over at me.

Hot tears were streaming down my cheeks and my knees were curled up to my chest. 

(a/n) Plot twist :P (e/a/n)