chapter 2 - new kid

LOOK LOOK ITS Lucianus --------------->

(his hair is just a little longer)

Chapter 2

“Sit down Blaise”

I took a seat in one of the chairs in front of Mr. Morgue’s desk. We sat there in silence. I took the time to study him. His dark brown hair seems to have acquired a few more grey hairs, giving him that ‘salt and pepper’ look, under his eyes dark circles are etched into his skin, also giving him that look tired. Over all he looks like he’s aged a lot over the last few weeks. Could it be from all the stress and trouble I’ve caused him? Nah not possible I'm a perfect little role model, calling me an angel is just pushing it. Mr. Morgue sighed rubbing his temples “I am sick and tired of punishing you Blaise. Will you ever learn, you can’t go around punching people; no matter what they say about you”

“Yes sir” I recite effortlessly like a broken record stuck on repeat. I’ve said those two words so many time, that they simple don’t hold any meaning other that to give the teacher the impression that I'm paying attention. 

Mr. Morgue released an almost pained sigh; he then looked at me in the eyes searching for something. “Look Blaise if you don’t clean up your act I'm going to have to expel you.”

This is bad it’s totally unfair, so what if I punched a couple of people and tell off the odd teacher off, that doesn’t mean I should be expelled. This is bullshit Mitch is going to kill me! Now if I said that out loud I defiantly would have been expelled. Sighing I nodded in agreement.

“But-“.He lifted a finger, the universal sign of ‘wait-there’s-more’.

“We have a new student if you show our new student around and become his buddy for the next month I’ll let this incident slide. However if I hear or see you in one more fight you will be expelled is that clear?” Mr. Morgue lent forward placing his elbows on either side of his arm chair.

I nodded “Crystal clear Mr. Morgue”

“Very well, wait here while I go get Lucianus Angell” Mr. Morgue walked over to the door before turning back around. “And Blaise, be nice” with out further ado Mr. Morgue walked out of this office.

I rolled my eyes at his last comment. Now what on gods green earth have I gotten myself into? Okay I’ll admit that I might of went a little over board with the whole dumping and punching Joe thing. But then again he shouldn’t have called me an emo. I let out a long Sigh. Who is this Lucianus kid, and what the hell is up with his last name, Angell? Seriously light angel, who would name their kid that, I bet he has white blond hair, sky blue eyes, and a tall, skin and bone like figure. He better not be a ‘goodie-goodie-two-shoes’ or I might consider being expelled.

No Mitch would be disappointed I promised him I’d try to be good, the key word being ‘try’. I guess you can say Mitch is like my father and mother all in one, but we’re not blood related. My mum and dad handed me over to Mitch, their best friend, on my eighth birthday. Apparently the doctor said I had AIDS, weird huh, they thought I caught it from that one time I picked up the used Band-Aid off of the ground in the streets and placed it on my bleeding cut then later gaining an infection, yuck I know right but I was a naive kid.

So mum and dad decided to dump me on poor Mitch giving him full custody and responsibility of me. About a month after living with Mitch I found out that my parents got a divorce. The funny thing was that if they stuck around they would have found out that I didn’t have AIDS and that it was all a misunderstanding, a simple file mix up.

Not much had happened since then; Mitch became my, everything. Not in that love-y dove-y way but in that ‘the-person-that-will-always-be-there’ kind. But what hurt the most was that four years latter on my twelfth birth day I received an invitation to my mum and dads wedding, yeah they remarried, not to different people but to each other. And you know what the sad thing is? While I sat in the back of the church watching my mum and dad say their vowels, I couldn’t help but think how wonderful it would be to have a family again, don’t get me wrong I loved Mitch, he was and is the best person in my life, but I just wanted my mum and dad. Well after the wedding and their three month honeymoon I waited for the day when they would both come knocking on Mitch’s door asking for their ‘little boy’ but it never came I waited for years and still no-one came.  About a year ago I found out that I have siblings all under the age of five, twins Jamie and June both five, Sammie she’s three and a half and little Annie only two. It’s been six years and not once did they call me and ask how I was doing or that if I want to come home not once, I guess they think I'm dead or something.

Enough self pity just because I am the unwanted child that no-one wants to be doesn’t mean I'm weak, as you have all witnessed. I’ve fought hard for people to stop seeing me as that pathetic unwanted child and I’d like you to keep that in mind.

I heard voices coming from down the hall steadily getting louder; I think its time to meet the new kid. I relaxed into the chair and awaited their arrival. I heard the handle of the door to Mr. Morgue office twisted slowly, the handle squeaking in protest begging to be oiled. What’s he trying to do build suspense? The door finally swung open.

“..And this is your buddy for the month, Blaise winter, Blaise meet Lucianus Angell”

With my back to them I slowly stood up taking my own sweet time. I turned to face the new kid and Mr. Morgue. The first thing that I noticed was that Lucianus was almost the exact opposite of what I expected. And boy was I wrong the only thing that I seemed to have gotten right was that he is tall, then again almost every guy is taller than me, but I would have to say he was about 6 ft with a lean, muscular body. Lucianus has wind swept black hair reaching half way down his ears, his eyes are a mix between honey brown and green, it’s like both colour’s are fighting to be displayed, his lips are plump and soft looking, and his slightly tanned face stares back at me.

“Hi” yep I'm reduced to one worded sentences; this guy is down right sexy.

“Hey, I'm Lucianus, but just call me Lucien” he reaches out his hand for a hand shake.

His voice is making me sweat a little beneath the collar, if you get what I mean. I reach out and grab his hand he delivers a soft, but firm hand sake, snapping me out of my gay state. This boy is driving me crazy and we’ve only just met! Deep breaths come on back smart ass me be the arrogant, mean asshole that everyone knows you are. “Yeah, whatever, I caught you name the first time Lassie”

“It’s Lucianus or Lucien not lassie” he spat the name I gave him with so much distaste it made me proud of myself for the inventing this new nickname of his.

“Whatever, can I go now Mr. Morgue?”  I asked looking over at Mr. Morgue, who looks mildly amused with the exchange between Lucianus and I.

“Yes in a moment I just have to find Lucianus’ schedule and locker combination then you two could leave.” Mr. Morgue walks over to his desk shuffling around looking for the papers. I turn to catch Lucianus looking at me, I mouth ‘what’ and he looks away startled. That’s what I thought, satisfied with myself that I made the kid look away, I waited until Mr. Morgue finished.

“Here you go Lucianus, you and Blaise have the same schedule. Hence the reason why I decided that Blaise would be the perfect person to show you around. Off you both go second period has just start.”

Who uses the word hence any more? Hence, fences, dense, chocolate monkey, see no on-one uses it any more.

Lucianus grabbed the papers from Mr. Morgue’s hand before we exited the office. The trip to Lucianus’ locker was silent; his locker was conveniently located two lockers away from mine. I watched as he struggled with the lock. Sighing I bent over brushing his hands aside. “Here, let me.” With a swift bang to the center of the locker and a kick to the bottom the door swing open.

“Thanks” his cool voice sounded from behind, close enough for his warm breath to brush against my ear, making me shiver slightly.

“No problem, lassie” I smirked at his slightly red face, from anger or embarrassment I don’t know but I'm enjoying his reaction.

Lucianus simply turned around and placed his bag in his locker and removed his books that we needed for English. Once he was finished we headed to class, with me leading the way. We arrived at our English class; I entered not bothering to explain why I was late or who the new kid was I simply sat in my usual seat in the back near the window. I placed m feat up on the desk and lent my chair back on it two back legs, crossing my hands across my chest I let my mind wonder about Lucianus. I shouldn’t get too close to this kid; he will only end up causing trouble and hurting me in the process.           

________________________________________________________________

hey everyone i know the first chapter had a lot of bad words but don't worry he only uses them when he's realy angry or annoyed.

well anyways... 

Vote, comment, yell, scream, eat a monkey, you know the drill  

Nite-owl is out peace.