Book 1 - Sadness part 1

It was a beautiful Saturday evening.

I was heading home from my part-time job. On the way, I encountered a little girl who was crying on the bench in a nearby park. I approached her and tried to talk to her.

"What's the matter little girl?"

The girl raised her head, trying her best not to cry. She answered while wiping her tears.

"I'm all alone..."

"So you got separated from your parents?"

She shook her head. I pulled a handkerchief and wiped her tears.

"Then, why are you all alone?"

"It's because they left me... They never came back for me... That's why..."

She looked like she would start crying again. I left the matter and changed the topic. I decided that I'll help her.

"Then, how about coming with me? If they left you here all alone, then let's go the the festival together."

"*sniff* ... Festival? "

"That's right, there's a festival tonight nearby. After that, I'll help you look for your parents."

"Promise me you won't leave me? "

"I promise."

For me, it was a strange feeling. I was a complete stranger to her, yet she accepted me without hesitation. I wonder how she feels. The moment I promised her I won't leave her alone, she began to smile, as if she forgot about being all alone.

"My name is Himawari Kazuki. What's your name? "

She stood up, and with a smile, she replied.

"Alice. Yumeki Alice. Nice to meet you, Kazuki-san"

-and so, the moon shines up in cloudless sky. And the princess and the knight sets off. To be continued.