Chapter 3: Crazy Night

Brittany hears almost silence all around her, as she slowly picks up her head. She turns her head looking around her enviroment, at the disaster and chaos that had happened. She holds her head, some blood trickling down from the wreck, she tries her driver's door, but it doesn't budge, then she goes out the passenger door, and is in shock at her surroundings.

Glass everywhere, bloody and what looks like dead bodies, a few people scream from the pain their in. Brittany stands there, just as someone pops up in front of her, almost a smile on their face as they come closer to the young woman. Brittany turns around and starts running towards the front door to the mall, the person behind her chasing after her slowly, almost sounding like a grunt.

"HELP ME" an old lady yells, slowly walking to Brittany, blood all over her clothes as she inches closer, looking desparate.

A shot is heard, as the 'zombie' in front of Brittany drops down, right behind the zombie stands a young police officer with a handgun, he then shoots a couple more zombies down as he nods to the old lady and Brittany.

"You two okay?" The young cop searches around for more zombies, then turns back to the survivors," follow m......" then gets interrupted as at least 10 zombies come towards them from the mall, walking over the shattered glass from the front doors.

"Shit" Brittany backs up, staring at the police officer and back at the zombies.

"Follow me, hurry" the officer yells at them, as he feels his short black hair, and points to a small Pizza Hut building up ahead," let's go in there".

The old lady hurries right behind the cop and Brittany, as she tells them," can someone explain to me what the hell happened?"

"Now's not the time to talk" the officer hurries as he runs up to the entrance door, opening it for the two ladies, as he enters last shutting it behind him.

"HEY THERE" a big black guy yells at them, pointing an AK-47 at them," you aren't one of em?"

"What a group" a tough white guy sitting down eating some pizza with tattoos all over his arms, says," a pig, an old hag and a sexy hottie" the man smiles Brittany's way.

A guy stands in the shadows, wearing a hoddie and crossing his arms staring at the three, not saying a word as he just shakes his head at the other two.

"I say you got enough room for more" the officer tells them.

"Only if" the white guy points at Brittany, smirking," she 'behaves', by the way just call me Nick" he just stares at her.

Brittany gives 'Nick' the look, not liking this guy already as she tells him," fuck you".

"Only if you're down with that" Nick smiles Brittany's way , turning to the officer," we not only got enough room, but the pizza's good aswell, here, have some" he offers some pizza.

The police officer shakes his head as he tells him," you better behave, or I'll stick a foot up your ass. " He turns to the rest of the people," a few hours ago, a virus broke out on the other side of Manhatten. Killing almost everyone, but they didn't stay dead".

"I've heard all this before" the black guy tells them," but never knew it could actually happen. Why New York? Why Manhatten?"

The old lady goes and sits down in a booth, staring out the window after looking at the man in the hoodie, just as Brittany joins her, the old lady tells her," when I watched Night of the Living Dead back in the day, I always thought they were just stories".

"They are" Brittany reassures her," whatever happened here......."

"Was an accident waiting to happen" the man in the hoodie says, pushing back some of his black hair from his face as he looks at Brittany," I never thought I'd live to see the day the living dead would rise and show their faces, and I'm only 22 years old".

The police officer looks at the black guy and Nick," listen".

"Who made you captain?" Nick looks at the police officer," as far as you're considered, you're already dead in my eyes. You guys are suppose to protect US. The civilians, but noooo...you guys failed" Nick looks at him dead in the eyes," I'm making myself captain of this crew, ain't that right Orlando?" Turning to the black guy.

"Don't push your luck" Orlando tells his friend," I don't give a damn who's in charge." He picks up a handgun sitting next to him in the seat," but I think it's best if we all stay here, wait till help arrives".

"I've dealt with no good sum like you" The old lady opens her mouth, adjusting her glasses turning to Nick," big shots, thinking you run the world. But I'll tell ya mister, why don't you do us all a favor and point that gun to yerr head, and pull the trigger."

"What did you say?" Nick goes over to Brittany, stares at her for a brief moment then at the old lady,"now why would I do that?" He points his gun at the old lady.

"You don't scare me" the old lady tells him.

"Leave her alone" Brittany tells him.

Nick then turns to Brittany, smiling," only if you show me your titties" turning back to the old lady, gun to her head," I think your time..........has expired" and pulls the trigger to the gun as the bullet rips through her skull, killing her as Brittany cries out.

Brittany stares over across the table, at the dead old lady, tears falling from her face as she says," you didn't have to kill her".

Nick turns to her, gun in hand," unless she was your grandmother, then I don't think you'll have a problem with it" he slowly puts the gun down her shirt, almost touching her breasts," how about you put on a little show for us" Nick smiles.

"Leave her alone" the man in the hoodie says, having seen enough.

Nick walks over to the young man in the hoodie, as he smells the tip of his gun," smell that" he looks at the hoodie guy," it's the smell of a real woman".

The man in the hoodie just stares at the guy," you're twisted, you know that?"

"Twisted?" Nick asks, looking at him," twisted isn't even close. Why stick up for an old lady you don't even know? For some 15 year old slut, who sleeps with every guy she see's? It's because you're weak minded. We're just accessories to the end of the world."

"Enough" the cop speaks up finally, holding out his handgun pointing it at Nick," I said, enough".

"You know what? I've always hated pigs" Nick quickly points, then shoots the officer in the chest, watching him drop.

"Hey man" Orlando says," ENOUGH" he quickly takes the gun away from Nick, then gives him a right hand to the face, knocking him out as he turns to what's left of the group," I think, we've had enough fun with this" he puts the handgun's safety on.

Brittany looks at the wounded cop," is he........is he dead?"

Orlando goes over to the cop," put some pressure on that wound" he tears a piece of his sweatshirt off, trying to wrap the wound turning back to the group," he probably doesn't have much longer. He needs to go to the hospital" he turns to the man in the hood," find something to tie him up, and tie him good" he tells him, pointing to Nick on the floor.

The man in the hood quickly looks around for something, as he stares at the old lady in the seat, wishing he could have done something to stop it. He goes in the back, and searches in one of the back closets then finds some rope as he heads back to the group, wondering what kind of night they have ahead of them.