Second Chance

| Warning! Might contain a lot of spoilers. Read at your own risk. |

______________________________

Second Chance

by Jelsa Simone Mepsey

Even from the moment I started reading this book, I wanted to know more and more from the story. The process of moving back and forth from the past and to the present back again, is a perfect format for a story like this. This is a story of a comlplete drama as mystery mixes skillfully with romance.

Jelsa Mepsey did a great job in getting the plot in order, and how she managed to write the flashbacks and entering the present once again. The chapters sound so cool that instead of writing 'chapters', she wrote the days and months before the shooting happened. An epic story indeed.

Bianca and Shane are enemies and the moment that they knew each other deeper, they started to have a soft side with each other. Finding out that their loved ones are killed is a great pang in the heart, especially when it was one another's fault.

The suicide attempt is a great part in the story, it pushes the drama up to the sky. And when the readers finally knew about what 'really' happened. Their perception may change to sudden concern. Maybe that's why the title's Second Chance.

It was so heart-warming when Bianca stopped Shane from killing himself. And this was the start of something new. Of something rare to them.

She's barefoot too. Her toes are painted. The shadow of an arm extends in my direction. Then a hand lands on my shoulder.

Bianca: I didn't mean it when I told you to kill yourself.

Hating each other might be normal for them, because it was Shane's fault that her brother died, and then it was Byron's - Bianca's brother - fault why Shane's girlfriend was also dead. But falling for each other would be tad crazy. There's still no information from that yet. The story is yet on going.

Byron is an overprotective brother for Bianca. And if someone breaks her heart, he'll break them, too. Literally.

Byron: What did the asshole do this time?

Bianca: He cheated on me.

Bianca on the other hand is so caring, and very innocent. Although her innoncence might lead her to something worse. Never realizing that her bestfriend, Chase, aka ex-boyfriend, would cheat on her. And that broke her heart, her innoncence broke her heart. Maybe that's why she changed into her opposite by hating Shane. And her hatred really stood out. But that is just until the time when they almost theirselves in the same tower they're planning to suicide on.

And my most favorite thing so far in the story was Shane and how he gradually acts comfortable with Bianca as they talk more and more. Deeper and deeper.

Shane: (When I move Bianca's hair back, it's wet. It'd be much easier to move away from her and let her deal with this herself. Now that I'm here, so close we're almost touching, what am I supposed to do? I probably shouln't touch her. She hates me. She tried to say she doesn't, but that doesn't change what she said before. If I were her, no matter how shitty I felt, I wouldn't want someone I hate touching me. Bu tpulling away would make it seem like I hate hter back. For someone who hate me, though, she's pretty chill. She kept me from killing myself. She didn't try to push me over or encourage me to jump. She listened to me and talked about herself. She actually cares about my side of the story, when she really shouldn't. In a weird way, I'm comfortable here. She doesn't cry the same way Natalya did. Bianca's oddly silent as she sits there, curled up in her little ball. Snot drips out her nose. Gross. Maybe I should get her something to wipe her nose on. All I really have is my shirt. It's not that cold. I can do without it. I scoot back a bit so I won't hit her in the face and pull my shirt off.)

Shane: Bianca? You can use this.

Bianca: Aren't you cold?

Shane: It's fine. Really. You don't have to give it back.

Bianca: Why are you being so nice to me?

Shane: I don't know.

Bianca: What are you doing? Were you trying to jump?

Shane: I was trying to. This is the second time you've stopped me.

Shane: Why am I still alive? Why?

Bianca: You're alive because Anissa chose to save you. It's that simple.

Shane: Sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have brought it up.

Bianca: It's fine. You know, I think this is the first time I've heard you say sorry.

I'm telling you, my olives. This is a really amazing story to read. There are secrets that only Bianca and Shane know. And those secrets are about to be revealed when you read Jelsa's work. She's a great artist.

Whose fault is it?