Copacabana

Hi, I had a previous author's note on this before, but it is now (unintentionally) deleted because I stupidly did something, with the help of the keyboard malfunctions. But anyways, hope you enjoy this short story and be sure to check out the song (I don't recommend hearing the song if you hate spoilers) too! Enjoy!

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

     At the north part of Havana, there's a place that encourages music and is famous for its passion. They always had the latest fashion, setting off trends around the area, and were popular for having one of the most beautiful sceneries out there. A nice place for vacations and a place to relax and entertain yourselves. The weather was extremely nice around this year. The Copacabana.

     Lola pulled on her stockings in the dressing room. She touched up on her makeup and adjusted her short cut dress. She sighed as she looked at the mirror. "Now for the finishing touch..." She carefully stuck a few yellow feathers in her hair and plastered a smile on her face.

     Her door swung open as a show director came barging in, just as she finished. "You ready, Lola?"

     Lola nodded cheerfully. "Ready as I'll ever be," she replied in a sugar sweet voice. The director nodded and walked off, leaving the door ajar. Lola looked at herself one last time in the mirror before walking out of her dressing room and onto the stage. The music started playing, and she could feel herself moving to the beat. She felt so alive when she danced and sang her heart away. The only thing that killed it was probably the hungry looks many of the men gave her. She inwardly gulped, but shook off the feeling and smiled wider. In the back, she could see a boy her age tending the bar. She noticed that no matter what was happening around him, he always kept up with his work and never let it bother him.

     She mentally cursed him, How could he do that so easily?

     Lola contemplated it over in her head but was soon back into the music's rhythm. A few more showgirls appeared by her side, smiling, dancing, and singing away. They did the merengue, the cha-cha, and lastly, the kick line. At the end of it, they left the stage with the crowd clapping loudly behind them. Lola's smile fell from her face when she got backstage. She habitually went back to her dressing room and closed the door. Carefully taking her makeup off her face and the feathers out of her hair, she then squeezed out of her dress and pulled on some casual clothes. After that, Lola proceeded to peel off her stockings and slip her feet into a pair of comfortable slippers. She sighed, relieved.

     Thank God, that get-up was stuffy...

     After sitting on the chair she was on a few moments longer, Lola looked at the time.

     3:10? Ugh, well, might as well get a drink then.

     Leaving her dressing room, she made her way over to the bar and took a seat on one of the stools.

     "ID please?"

     "Here." Lola flashed her ID card at the bartender.

     He nodded as Lola slid her ID away. "What can I get for you miss?"

     Lola stared at the bartender blankly. "Hm?" Immediately after saying that, she perked up. It was that boy she saw while she was onstage.

     He handed her a menu and calmly waved a nonchalant hand at her as he moved further away. "Call for me once you've decided what you want." Nodding absently, Lola stared at the menu.

     She waved her hand. "Hey, um... Bartender!"

     The boy walked back to her. "Decided on something?"