Who Will Save Me Now? Chapter 11

Crash.

That is all it takes for me to dash up the ladder. All caution thrown to the wind, I concentrate on that noise, it reverberating in my head loudly while the rest of the boat remains silent.

Once I reach the top, I throw open the ladder's hatch and hastily crawl out onto the second floor. I pause for a second, praying for another sign of where to go.

I am not disappointed when another crashing sound floods my ears, followed by a howl, and then a scream.

The voice is screaming my name. Chase.

Quickly turning to the left, I race down the long expansive hall. It's lined with doors, but I check none of them, knowing that he won't be inside. His voice is still screaming yards away at the end of this floor.

I know I shouldn't continue, because whatever is hurting Chase will surely hurt me too but I can't stop now. His screams are like a magnet, pulling me forward in compelling agony.

Slowing down, I finally reach the end of the hallway. I pause for a split second, but another of Chase's torturous howls has me turning the doorknob and running in.

What I see silences my heavy breathing. In fact, I can't breathe at all. The smoke returns that signals my dream is coming to a close, and before I know it, the image of the boat is fading.

The scene still plays on though, and I catch a glimpse of two things: Chase, strapped to a chair and bleeding, his body wretched between human and wolf state. And the claw. A silver claw hanging from where a hand should be, its owner wielding the knife that ends Chase's life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been over a year since I updated this story, but I really missed Wattpad! I hope to continue and add more chapters soon. Please comment, vote, fan! All feedback is really appreciated.