chapter 14

Everybody, land and sea, was preparing for Ariel and Prince Eric's wedding. It was just like a fairy tale. Ariel's sisters were so proud of their baby sister for finally finding her true love and now they were going to be married. Darla was a little sad that Urchin was going to stay in the sea and she would stay on land, but if either of them left their homes, where would they live? Hopefully they could work something out once they would get older. But until then, they would have to go along with their deal.

"I wonder what would happen if Eric and Ariel had a baby?" Jessica asked out of the blue.

Emily's eyes widened to that. "I think the baby would become a half-mermaid half-human hybrid..."

"Yeah." Patrick nodded.

"That would be so cute..." Jessica giggled. "Oh, I hope we can meet the baby, hold the baby, play with the baby..."

"You like babies, huh?" Atticus smirked to his sister.

Jessica smiled bashfully. "Well... I'd like to be a mother someday... I just love playing with little kids."

"Yes, dear, we know." Emily giggled.

Triton came over to his family and apologized for everything that had happened, and soon, he was forgiven. Soon, it was time for the wedding and Ariel was getting ready on land while her friends and family would watch from the ocean. And where Atticus was the best man at the wedding as well as the ring bearer while Darla was the flower girl once again.

"Cherry, I want to thank you for helping my daughter, foster son, and nephew," Triton said to Cherry. "You really are a good friend, so I wish to reward you."

"No, it's okay..." Cherry didn't think she deserved a reward. "I'm fine just the way I am."

"No, I insist." Triton said.

"What is it?" Cherry asked.

"I took the liberty to make this for you..." Triton held out his hand to show a shining necklace that had a golden musical note attached to the end of it.

"Um... Thanks..." Cherry wore the necklace as she kept her feet in the water, however, the necklace glowed and so did her legs and she was given her own tail fin. "What the what!?"

"You can now breathe and swim underwater." Triton explained.

"Hmm... Thanks, I suppose..." Cherry wasn't sure if she liked that or not.

"And you can visit us whenever you want." Triton told her.

"Thank you, sir..." Cherry said respectfully at least as she looked to her new trinket from this adventure.

"You're quite welcome." Triton smiled.

It was now time for the wedding and to wrap up the 'fairy tale'. Ariel wore a white gown with hints of gold to compliment her royal heritage and Eric wore a royal suit to show his royalty as well. They were getting married on a boat together and would go on their honeymoon and start their new lives together as Ariel got to live in her dreams as a human in the human world.

Everything was going perfectly well, except of when Sebastian got spotted on the cake by Louis. Chef Louis spotted the crab and was about to kill him. Sebastian screamed and escaped, which nearly caused the cake to end up being destroyed, but luckily for him, he made it back into the water to join Urchin, Scuttle, and Flounder as he got away swiftly.

"Great escape, Sebastian." Urchin smiled.

Sebastian chuckled and bowed in the water. "Thank you... Thank you..."

Ariel and Eric had their newlywed kiss and Ariel tossed her bridal bouquet. And where it landed right into Cherry's hands.

"Oh, gunk me..." Cherry grumbled that she had caught the flowers.