chapter 1

Cherry and Atticus were going separate ways for this summer vacation to spend with their families. Cherry's family was invited to meet a young man named Eric while Atticus was going to visit his mother's family who lived 'far away', but Atticus did not tell Cherry where. It looked like a perfect day to be out at sea.

"I sure wish I could tell Cherry." Atticus said.

"Same here." Patch said.

Atticus hugged Patch. "Have a good time with your family."

"Can do!" Patch agreed, he then ran to get on a truck that was going straight to Dearly Farm.

Atticus waved, he then met his family as they were ready to visit Emily's side of the family. "Alright, let's go."

"Atticus, what do you think Patch would look like if he was part merperson or mer-animal?" Darla asked.

"I never thought about it..." Atticus scratched his head.

"He'd probably turn into a fish..." Emily shrugged as she led the way. "Oh, before I forget, your Uncle Triton promised a surprise for later tonight for everybody in Atlantica, there'll be a concert sung by the girls."

"That'll be fun," Darla smiled. "I love concerts!"

"Well, then what are we waiting for? Let's get going so we won't be late." Jessica said.

Emily giggled to them.

"Lead the way, dear." Patrick told his wife.

Emily nodded and led them straight to the beach to a hidden location. Once they got there, they all got into the water and forced themselves in. They first held their breath, but Emily took out a shell necklace and there was a glow all around them and the Fudo family turned into merfolk.

"Alright to Atlantica!" Atticus cheered swimming off to the underwater sea kingdom.

"Slow down there!" Jessica rushed after her brother.

"Last one there's a rotten turtle egg!" Darla giggled as she joined in the race.

"Come on, dear, we better go or we'll get left behind." Patrick said to his wife, then saw she wasn't there. "Emily? Emily!"

"Wait up!" Emily swam after her children.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Patrick called out, swimming after his wife and children.

The family swam and swam. There was a hidden golden castle of Atlantica as the merpeople were getting ready for a celebration. This visit had been planned ahead of time and Triton decided to celebrate by giving a concert for his sister-in-law and her family. Urchin was next to Triton while they made arrangements, but it was boring Urchin since he was stuck there while the girls were getting ready to look their best for the concert.

Well, most of them, since a certain red-haired mermaid was going to be out with her best friend and her adoptive brother and also, possibly her favorite cousin. "Daddy, are they here yet?"

"Not yet, Ariel, they should be here any minute now though," Triton told his youngest daughter. "Where are your sisters?"

"Getting ready..." Ariel rolled her blue eyes. "Hey, Urchin..."

"Hey..." Urchin nodded to her.

"What're you doing out here?" Ariel asked.

"Getting bored to death." Urchin whispered.

"Well, as soon as they get here, your boredom will soon be over." Ariel whispered back.

"Hurry up." Urchin smirked.