Malls and ANTM

It’s been three weeks since Shane and I started dating. They have been the most perfect three weeks of my life. I’ve gotten to see him transform from that laidback guy I met last month, into something...perfect.

We’ve gone out a whole bunch of times, from cafes to new restaurants halfway across town. Other times, we hang out at his house and watch all his favourite movies. And make-out. There’s a whole lot of that involved. Besides all that, sometimes he just shows up at my house after dinner time with pink and blue Slurpees from the nearby Seven/Eleven, and we disappear into the basement and watch old reruns of One Tree Hill or whatever else is on TV.

“Arianna? Are you listening?”

I zoned back into what Ella was saying. We were both in the courtyard for lunch at school. “Yeah, sorry what?”

“I was thinking, we should have a sleepover this weekend. We haven’t had one in ages, and I’ll be going to Miami in two weeks.”

“Yeah, sounds good.” I said.

 “Perfect, my house then? Or we could go to yours, since Jake is home and all.” Her eyes twinkled.

I laughed, “Sure Ells, but I told you he’s settling down with Kayla.”

Ella waved her hand dismissively, “No big deal.”

“Hey guys, what’s up?” Evan walked up to us, hand-in-hand with Amanda.

 Yes, their first date had been marvellous and they were now together. Although Ella still referred to her as ‘Amanda-from-Ohio’, (but luckily not to her face), we both approved of her.

 “Hi guys.” I shielded my eyes from the sun as I turned to look at them.

They both sat down at our table and pulled out their lunches from their backpacks.

“So, did you guys hear about the party on Friday?” Amanda asked us.

“What party?” Ella asked interestedly, while I nodded, “I heard some people talking about it in homeroom.”

“Josh’s having a party at his farmhouse this Friday.” Evan explained. “Everyone’s invited. It’s pretty fancy, from what I’ve heard.”

I knew of Josh through Evan’s football team, they played together. And he sat across from me in math class.

“Sounds good.” Ella said. “Hey Ari, maybe you can bring your boy-toy and formerly introduce us to him.” She said, grinning wickedly.

I made a face at her. “He is not my boy-toy. But I’ll ask him to come.”

“You should bring a date too Ells.” Evan said.

Ella rolled her eyes. “Yeah sure, because it’s just that easy.” She said sarcastically.

“We’ll make sure you meet someone at the party.” I assured her.

The bell signalling the end of lunch, but no one made a move to get up--Evan, Ella and I had a free period—while Amanda got up, gathering her lunch and backpack. “Yikes. I was supposed to meet my teacher five minutes before the bell. See you guys later!” she leaned down to kiss Evan before rushing off into the school building.

“So it’s going well, I take it?” I asked Evan, noticing the grin on his face.

“You could say that.” He said nonchalantly.

“I so need to meet someone.” Ella sighed.

 “Hey, that reminds me. I found your ex-boyfriend number two, Tom Hessler.” Evan said.