Chapter 1

Ryan POV

July 5th

The sun was beaming down on the house placed at the top of the hill, giving off a welcoming feeling. I couldn't help the smile that made its way on my face. This was certainly a good place to settle the pack into. I could already tell things were looking up for us. The last place we settled down a pack of hunters had discovered our village in the middle of the woods and nearly killed us. But thankfully we made it out. However I was not going to make the same mistake. I had purchased an enormous amount of land from a new village and gave strict instructions that each family in my pack would have to live in a human house. I was not risking another attack.

Smiling again at my brilliant plan I made my way up to my new house at the top of the hill. It was the largest one I could find around the town, it is 100 acres of land but it isn't all mine. I owned it but it would be used as the pack house so visiting guests and others could come and go as they please. Also there was a large forest behind it that I had purposely bought to allow my pack members to run through.

Once inside I started the unloading. I thankfully already bought the house furnished so I simply had to bring in my personal belongings. However I would have to leave most of that for later because now I had to work on mapping the town to tell my pack where there were humans and where there were not. I needed my pack on high alert so they needed to know when it was ok to roam in wolf and where they would have to say human and cover their scent. Quietly I made my way around the house till I found the study. It was already set up with a desk, chair, book shelves and filing Cabinet. I smiled in satisfaction and sat down in the chair this was a new start for all of us and that's what we needed right now.

September 1

"Assemble all of the children and cover students in the main room." I said while looking over at my Beta Tomas.

"Geeze, no need to be such a bossy pants I'm going." He said while waving his hands and running out of the room. Tomas could be childish at times but he was still the best beta I could have asked for. I grew up with him and he has always been there through the good and bad. He can take care of himself but also others. And he certainly knows how to hold his own in a fight. Sighing I staked some papers in my office before making my way to the main room. It felt strange saying I only lived here two months now, it felt so much longer. My pack had settled down rather quickly and that made my job quite a lot easier. However now would be the hard part because the children would be starting school. I tried paying off the humans around here to move, but there were still those determined few who wouldn't move. Even though it annoyed me I had to admire their determination. However humans being around complicated our situation but we would manage.

"Alright everyone, now I am very much aware that school begins in an hour, but before that I have some rules to go over. Number one, keep your scent covered at all times, do not let your wolf take control understand. Number two, never mention our kind to any humans or in human hearing distance. Number three, if anything goes wrong report to a cover student they will handle it. And number four don't let your emotions take over, if any features change the humans will know, any questions?" The room was silent before a young woman raised her hand.

"Yes?" I asked with a smile.

"What about the younger children there will be no cover student around?" The woman asked concerned.

"I assure you your children will be safe, I checked the schools and they are secure. They are just normal children I am more worried about the ones who have shifted. The 16 though 18 year olds have trouble controlling their wolf after They have shifted. If anyone they will give us away so I have my beta Tomas and his brother Colby going in with the older children." I stated while giving the woman a confident smile.

"As you say Alpha." She sighed in defeat.

"Right everyone should be moving out now, school starts in half an hour go, go, go." I watched in amusement as all the small bodies scurried out of the house and towards town.

"I'll make sure everything is under control." Tomas said while patting me on the shoulder.

"Call me if anything goes wrong." He gave me a thumbs up before making his way out the door. Things were certainly looking up for us.

A few hours later I had managed to dive into my work and forget my worries about being discovered. I was in the middle of mapping the new patrol root for the guards when my phone started going off. Confused I picked it up and answered .

"Hello?"

"Ryan it's me, listen um we've been compromised." He said softly.

"What Tomas, it's the first day who the hell found out our secret?" I growled into the phone.

"Um my first period English teacher. Actually that's why I'm calling, she is demanding to see you." He gulped loudly.

"Me, what do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Well she called me out for being your beta and insisted I bring the alpha down to talk to her now." He whispered.

"Fine I'm on my way." Annoyed I hung up and got up from my desk. This couldn't be happening, this was suppose to be a fresh start and now we had someone who knew our secret. Well this was just going to have to be settled either this person would be sworn to secrecy or we would kill them.

**********

It's short I know I'm sorry, but this is just about Ryan next we will meet Jackie :) I'm uploading that as well before I leave so hopefully you guys will read it and enjoy. I love you my lovelies keep being awesome :)