Mate, Mine Author's Note #2 {July 6th 2013}

So basically, this is a run down for what is currently happening with Mate, Mine and it's current status for editing and such.

As I do have an actual life outside of Wattpad, I don't usually edit the story in succession. It's more like a few chapters every few weeks, maybe once a month. The only reason it's so slow even with that, is because what I am doing is editing the grammar and spelling but also proofreading. Originally, I was going to change a lot of the characters but after reading your comments on the original author's note and consulting some of my closest friends (I was going to say advisors, haha) I decided to go back to the original names.

Basically, what I plan to change is the beginning. Max is going to meet Logan first and most of the things that she did with Jace, are going to be changed so that she does them with Logan. She'll still have that "bonding" moments with the other brothers and the boys but I want the happy (or not so currently happy) couple to spend more time together because I feel bad at the turn the story has taken but I can't change it because everything is planned.

I'm also adding characters, which is really annoying, because there are so many. But I think the traitor should definitely play a bigger role during the story. And I need to fix up the whole dad for a criminal thing...like, seriously, what was I thinking when I made up that he would be released in ten years for one confirmed murder and several others suspected!? Oh, and don't even get me started on the mom-having-max-at-seventeen thing or the fact that school is barely mention after chapter ten!

Yah, I'm kind of tired right now...I'm on holidays and my sleep is always out of whack on the holidays.

Another thing that I have planned; originally, this was going to be a series, because I didn't have a plan on when to finish Max and Logan's story but I had decided to make the series into a trilogy and there will be more on that in the future.

The cover for the published book: I'm actually getting a friend to draw me up some pictures with her watercolours. She offered to do it and we've decided that if she does several different pictures, we can scan and manipulate the final cover...maybe I should make a Facebook page to update you all on the status...would that be easier?

Also, again, because even though it's in the other author's note in the story and in several messages I sent out, the sequel of Mate, Mine is called Alpha, Mine and it is already up! Well, the first seven chapters are :)

Okay...now for the sad news.

I'm not sure if any of you have realised this, but once Mate, Mine is edited and published, I will be removing both the story and the sequel from Wattpad. I will, of course, replace the first book with a sneak preview of the edited version, with external links to purchase the book and when I finish the sequel (which won't be done on Wattpad) I will put a sneak preview up of that too.

The bright side is that I'll be focusing more on my other stories...maybe I'll even start a new one too...?

Also, rest assured, whilst I am still editing and the book has not been published, I will continue writing and posting chapters for Alpha, Mine. Don't freak out!

Question for you all: What do you think, honestly, is a good price for a paperback novel bought on Amazon or an eBook via Kindle/Apple etc?

I have gotten a bit of an idea; I'm thinking 8-10 dollars for the paperback and maybe like 99 cents for the eBook, although I am hoping to do one of those things where I keep it free for a few days, but that will only be for the eBook edition.

xx