Chapter 11

Morgan parked his car on the main street of the town. We got out, walking hand in hand down the street as he led me towards Barnyard Steak which apparently supposed to be one of the best places that sells steaks according to Morgan. He says it’s one of his favourite places to come dine sometimes.

The interior of the place is so cool. The place is set up looking like you’re inside a barn. The walls and floors were wooden. I like what they did with the chairs that they used sitting around the wooden tables. They used barrels and it looked so cool.

We were seated and handed our menus. The waiter walked away so we could figure out what we wanted. I stared down at the menus, not really sure what I wanted to eat. I had a choice between steak sandwiches, fish and chips, salads and of course steak with a choice of chips or salad with it. The list of food made my stomach grumble.

“Have you decided what you want yet?” Morgan asked me.

I shook my head. I put my menu down and look at him. “It’s so hard to choose. There are so many good foods on the menu. What do you recommend that I should have?”

“Well, I’m having the T-bone steak with chips. The steak tastes really nice. The steak sandwich is really nice too.”

I had a battle in my head as I decided on what I wanted. The T-bone steak with chips sounded nice and so did the sandwich.

“Why don’t you choose the meal for me?” I told Morgan.

Morgan agreed to do that. The waiter came back and took our order. I ordered a Sprite for my drink while Morgan ordered a Mountain Dew. He ended up ordering a T-bone steak for the both of us.

“So what are we doing later after lunch?” I asked Morgan.

The waiter came back with our drinks. We thanked him and he walked away.

Morgan took a sip of his drink. “I don’t know yet. Is there something you would like to do?”

Truthfully I didn’t really know what I wanted to do. All I really wanted was to hang out with Morgan. I didn’t care what we do. I just wanted to do something that would keep my mind off my problems, but everything I seem to do just seem to remind me of the past. Maybe Morgan is right. I haven’t let go of what I did to my sisters. I wasn’t even sure how I should forget about it and just move on with my life. It was hard to move on and forget my regrets. I still wonder sometimes what my relationship with my sisters would be like if I never told them that I hated them. Morgan seems to handle how he has treated Travale well and tries and not let the accident get to him so much. I still see the hurt and regrets in his eyes, and I wished I could just forget what I did to my sisters so easily.

I was about to open my mouth and tell him that I didn’t really care what we do when someone approach us who wasn’t a waiter at all.

“Hello children. How are we today?” a tall dark skin man stood beside our table. I wasn’t really sure who he was but I recognised him from the wedding.

“Hi Mr Collins,” Morgan greeted the man. “We’re good.”

“That’s good to know.” He turned to me. “You must be Taylor. I never got to talk to you at the wedding.” He held his hand out for me to shake. “I’m Henry Collins. I teach English at Pierceton High.”

I shook the man’s hand, recognising his surname and knew he was Wynter’s father. I didn’t really want to shake his hand, but I did it to be polite. He would probably tell Kai on me if I was rude to him. “It’s nice to meet you.” And please don’t mention the wedding again because I really don’t want to hear any more about it.