Chapter 13- Dark times lie ahead

Authors note: Welcome to another chapter of 'It is our choices'. The 10 comments per chapter thing appears to be working well- it appears you guys are actually struggling to make the 10 comments within a day! :O I know there are heaps of you out there who aren't commenting. Which is okay, but just letting you know it doesn't have to be detailed or anything, even just to say hi. Just reading and\/or voting is something i still appreciate nonetheless, but a comment now and then would never go astray- it makes my day! One person made the comment: 'Comment' and they were the tenth! Thanks KazzaRoo!

Chapter 13- 'Dark times lie ahead...'

It was Christmas day and Snape knew it was a time to spend with one's family. Of course, Snape didn't have any family to celebrate with, since his father died when he was eighteen and he hadn't spoken to his mother in decades. So Snape was used to celebrating such holidays by himself and this year was no exception. In fact, Christmas now seemed to be a novelty for him, so much so that sometimes he forgot that it even was Christmas. With nineteen Christmases to come and go without him so much as leave his house, Snape now associated the holiday with a day of peace and quiet in his lab. But this morning, after having a conversation with both Harry and Fenrir the night before, he was still disturbed by Greyback's behaviour towards him and his sudden support of the Dark Lord. Sure, Greyback served the Dark Lord and was paid handsomely for his loyal service, but he was not a Death Eater per se, so Snape couldn't understand why he seemed to support the Dark Lord even more passionately than some Death Eaters would have. Snape never recalled Greyback asserting his complete alliance to Voldemort and consequently found last night's conversation to be a little unexpected.  

Snape decided that he would not be content with the whole situation until he spoke to Lucius; Snape wanted to find out exactly what the man told Greyback. Walking to his fireplace, Snape picked up a handful of floo powder and threw it in the flames. 

"Malfoy Manor!" Snape cried as his head began to spin while his knees remained firmly on the floor. 

"Lucius, I need to speak to you," Snape called to the empty living room. Soon Lucius was running into the room, completely surprised to see Snape's head poking out of his fireplace for the man hadn't initiated contact with him for nearly twenty years. 

"Severus! It's Christmas day! What do you want to discuss at such a time?" Lucius asked, slightly annoyed at the intrusion. 

"I spoke to Greyback last night. Exactly what did you tell him, Lucius?' Snape demanded, wanting to know every detail. 

"He and I met by chance a few days ago. He wished to know what I was up to; he also talked a reasonable amount about the Dark Lord and his downfall which led onto Potter and what he was doing-" 

"What did you tell him?" Snape asked, worried that Harry was bought into the conversation. 

"I told him that he is married, working at the ministry as an Auror and has three children, that's all," Lucius replied defensively. 

"Did he seem interested in that information?" 

"No- Severus, why all the questions?" Lucius wondered, wishing the man would simply state what was on his mind. 

"Never mind, did he say anything about me?" Snape inquired dismissing his friend's question. 

"Why, you're becoming very self assured aren't you-" 

"I don't have time for your comments, I need to know the facts," Snape asserted aggressively. Lucius was smirking. 

"Greyback mentioned that he thought it was a shame that you were murdered for not bringing Potter to the Dark Lord-"