Chapter 4

Hailey's POV

I waited at the curb of the coffee shop, dismissing my whirling thoughts.

Why was Fairyanna with Niall?
Why did she ask me to drop her off somewhere deserted?
Why am I suddenly needing to pick them up?

I shook of the thoughts. I'm sure Niall and Fairyanna were just here meeting for coffee.

When she was supposed to be spending time with you and he disappeared earlier?

Dammit.

I looked around, the shop was empty. Just an old lady and what looked to be her granddaughter, frosting display cupcakes. I let my body sink against the leather car seat.

As the frost grew on the window, and minutes passed by, they still hadn't shown up. By now, I was worried. Worried for the safety of my friends and the sanity of myself.

Bzz bzz.

Fairy
-Sorry we're running late.

-Oh thank god... Where are u guys??

Bzz bzz

Fairy
-We were @ the coffee shop and didnt see u so we went to the other Stacey's

-Oh. I'll go pick u guys up there ok?

Bzz bzz

Fairy
-No no thats ok we can walk & were close now lol

Now? What was happening with then?

-Haha yeah ok. I'll see u guys soon

The little dark blue arrow doubled as she opened the message, telling me she had read it. I closed my phone screen off and gripped the steering wheel.

Interesting, I thought. I texted Niall and told him that I had missed him, which was true. I may want to smack him upside the head for being a dumbass but hey,
It was his choice.

Niall's POV

I'm dead. So dead. Why was I so stupid?

"Calm down."

"I'm not even talking."

"You're stomping around and clenching your fists," Fairyanna said.

"Yeah, well, sorry. Walking around in muddy shit and lying to my girlfriend isn't my cup of tea."

"Damn, no need to swear at me. Geez."

I rolled my eyes and continued to walk.

Bzz bzz

Hailey boo
-Ive missed u today. And yesterday. Just lately Ive missed u.

The immediate lift in my spirits was something from another world, another time. The relief that my girl wasn't mad at me lifted the corners of my mouth. Maybe I would have enjoyed it better if she took the time to use proper English grammar, but I didn't mind.

As the coffee shop became became clear, so did the angry image of Hailey standing right in front of it, impatiently tapping her foot.

{ Hey guys! Sorry this is late! I'm going to start a thing where a certain amount of votes equals a new chapter! }

6 VOTES FOR CHAPTER FIVE!!