Chapter 3-You Would Never Know

Hey everyone!!I haven't uploaded in a millenium.I'm really sorry!I just thought that maybe I'm not talented enough to actually write a story.But then after all this time.I guess thats bullshit.You're ready to write when you feel what you write.And you write with conviction.So to cut the crap.

Here it is!

_________________________________________________________________________________

"Wait.WHAT?"

"Roxanne." my mother said,stretching on every syllable,"Mr and Mrs Drew are coming over for dinner.So will you please put on something nice and help me in the kitchen?"

I turned around instantly,to perhaps not show her the expression on my face

"And why have they suddenly realized we're their neighbours?Two whole months after shifting in here?"I said.

"Darling,if you haven't noticed,us parents have been interacting with each other ever since they shifted",She sighed , looked me in the eye and said in a soft but firm tone,"Roxanne,you have to interact with people,to show them that you're a human being, with your own views, your own opinion.Open up.Sweetie,you can't stay in a box your whole life."

They say that there's always those critical moments in life,where at someone's call you wake up out of a pool of ignorance.You swallow your pride,retreat back a few steps,and let your life show you a movie,Your movie.Where you are the star,the villain,the hopeless fool and the die hard romantic.

And the greatest tragedy,is that,You are your only critic.The only judge.

And I am not ashamed to say that it was My mother who gave me..gifted me one of my moments.

Turning back,and walking slowly towards the kitchen,I reflected back and realized that I never really had too many friends.Sure,I had a few people who were close to me, And nobody disliked me.

But thats because,I never stood up for anyone.I just watched wrong doings in front of my eyes,as a spectator,a mute one.And worst of all,I let them happen to me.

I did not stand up for myself when people tried to push me down.

And today,I decided to give myself a new chance.To be able to look into the mirror and to give justice to the girl looking back at me.To be myself,someone I had forgotten for some time.

I turned on some music, Careless Whispers, on my phone, and set to work.

My mother  was a commensurate chef.But for goodness could she make people work and drive them crazy!

After cutting a pile of tomatoes,onion,bell peppers,bay leaves,spring onions and mashing potatoes,I was exhausted.Almost jumping into bed,I realized that my guests would arrive in an hour at the most.After grabbing a small nap,I like always,chose a random pair  of clothes(now THAT was one part of me which was never going to change),brushed my long hair,and headed towards the living room.

After a few moments,the doorbell rang,and I opened it taking a deep breath.

"There's a courrier for you Ma'am"

Right!Thats just what I was expecting,I thought twitching my eyebrows a little,accepting it and signing the receipt.

Just as I was going to shut the door,I saw the Drew's ascending up the staircase.

"Hello dear!", Mrs Drew said as they arrived upstairs,hugging me.

"How are you Aunty!"(thats the way we normally great people here),I said smiling a little.

I went on to shake Mr Drew's hand.I looked expectantly behind them expecting to see Nick.Mrs Drew noticed and said"Oh I think you've already met Nick,he said he'll come in a few minutes."