Delylah

A room! It's one of the learning rooms! I found one!

I wonder which one had Mo in it.

The room I was looking into had a group of very young humans in it with an adult woman speaking to them. This must be how they learn.

"M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I!" said a little blonde girl happily.

"Fabulous!" said the teacher.

The little blonde girl along with other kids were all lined up in front of the adult woman. "Pennsylvania" said the adult woman. She said it like she'd just read it off the card she was holding.

A little brunette boy happily began saying each letter that the word contained.

"P-E-N-N-S-I-L-V-A-N-I-A" he said.

"Sorry Jesse that's incorrect" said the teacher. "Better luck next time."

The little boy standing next to the blonde girl frowned and went to a chair and a desk that looked a lot like all the other chairs and desks in the room.

"Congratulations Emilly on winning another one of our class spelling bees!" said the teacher to the girl.

Spelling bee? What's a spelling bee? I have not heard of that type of bee before. But there are no bees in there. I don't see any bees buzzing around in there. But if there are any bees I shall catch them!

"Again!!?" said another little girl sitting down.

"She's won every single one since school started!" said the little boy sitting across from her. "It's just not fair!"

Hmm. "Won." It appears these children are speaking of some sort of contest. They seem to be accusing the little blonde girl of winning too much.

"Now now children we still have a whole school year ahead of us!" said the adult woman. "Be happy for your classmate's victories and you too will receive many in whatever form it may come."

That's an interesting point the woman has just made. However as I was watching these children, they did not look happy. Some looked sad. Some looked angry. And Emilly did not look happy either. As she walked back to her seat her eyes darted about the room finding the negative expressions from her, classmates was it?, yeah.

I'm not entirely sure what is going on, but I can't help but feel sympathy for the girl. I hope the classmates listen to what the adult woman said. It seems like useful information.

I want to move on to a different looking glass. I'll try the glass right next to this one. I don't want to see only one room.

This room was again, full of children and one adult woman. Only this time, these children looked slightly older. And there was something else too. I saw a pretty little familiar face. The young woman driving the black van down the street this morning with the scary dog.

"Boys and girls, before we move on to the math review I have an announcement" I heard her say.

Most of the children were conversing simultaneously. I learned that big word too! I finally knew how to use it just now. The children's chatter suddenly diminished when they heard the woman's voice.

A little girl then came into the room who also looked familiar. I couldn't make out who she was due to some people in front of her blocking my vision.

"Boys and girls, please welcome our new student from Edgewater, Mo Manning!" said the woman happily. I got a clearer perspective of who just walked in the room and to my surprise it was none other than Mo!

"Hello, like Ms.Lowry said my name is Mo and I recently moved to Easton from Edgewater" she said in a confident yet shaky stance.

"Wonderful" said Ms.Lowry who I assumed was the adult woman who had spoken before.
"Mo there is an empty seat beside Delylah over there" she said pointing to a chair next to a little brunette girl.

"Ok" said Mo. "And sorry I missed the first class Ms.Lowry. The principal was just giving me a tour."

"That's perfectly fine Mo" said Ms.Lowry. "Go ahead and take your seat." After that Mo went and sat next to who I assumed was Delylah.

"Alright boys and girls, now on to the math review on fractions for tomorrow!" said Ms. Lowry.

The children suddenly all looked annoyed at the mention of this "math" whatever it was. Not only that, but my sensitive ears heard the moans and groans of agitated seeming children all about the room. I tried to focus on Mo and Delylah though, out of curiosity.

"Are you any good at math?" said Delylah turning to Mo.

"Why yes I am!" she said. "Math was fun at my old school so I like it."

"Wow" said Delylah staring at Mo. "I can only imagine being good at it. My mom says I need to be good at it when I go to high school otherwise I won't go to a good enough college and get a good enough job."

Mo looked at her with worry as she said this. Delylah grew gloomier the more she spoke of her mother.

So there is elementary school, and now the mention of some... high school?

"You seem like a nice person" she said. "My name is Delylah Parish by the way."

Mo smiled. "Mo Manning" she said holding out her hand. Not long after Mo smiled at her, Delylah's gloomy eyes grew a little brighter and she smiled right back. Delylah put out her hand and gently shook Mo's. They both giggled happily right after.

"Do you think you can help me out with math?" asked Delylah.

"Of course!" said Mo. "And don't worry, I understand how fractions can be SUPER hard for some people. It even took ME awhile to get it!"

Delylah then laughed with joy. Her transformation from gloomy to joyful brought me feelings of relief to watch. It is good that this human child be happy as such a young, vulnerable organism. And it happened all because of Mo's bright energy.

Humans are interesting.