Mo

MO

There is a large amount of noise from these cars. My little ears are getting strained! The humans seem to have less of a problem with it. Ah, lucky them! Well anyhow, let's see where everybody's going.

This is the first time that I've been up to see an inroad gathering like this.

AAAAH! WHAT'S GOING ON! WHERE'S THAT DISGUSTING NOISE COMING FROM!!!?!

I am awfully frightened but I must see where this terrifying cry of a beast is coming from!

"Calm down Benjamin!" someone said. It was a woman. Her voice was coming from the same direction as those beastly growls.

I traced the voices back to a black van. The same black van I saw earlier. A dark plate of glass on the back half of the van was open with a large black dog's head peeking out and growling at me viciously.

Hmm. The mutt matches its four wheeler. Oh, car! I mean car!

"Benjamin stop!" said the woman driving. "What are you growling at?!"

I looked at the dark plate on the side of the van keeping me from seeing the driver's face.

The plate on the side of it rolled down. A young looking blonde woman with blue eyes and pale skin was behind it. She looked at me with such relief.

"Oh Benjamin" she said. "It's a black kitty you are riled up about".

Benjamin. Benjamin must be her scary dog. She's not wary of him. At least, not like I am. How could such a pretty human befriend such a strange canine?

A beeping sound came from the back of her car. She turned her head around. "I'm goin!" she said aggravated. And with that she drove off. The dog barked at me until it's angry, wild cries faded away.

My oh my. Cars are quick things! But I notice only humans drive them. Ah sigh. Another perk to being a human.

My golden eyes followed where her car was headed. The suburban traffic all seemed to flow together. I subconsciously trotted along and followed the car with the pretty lady and the dog. I got closer and closer to a familiar building.

More traffic flowed. Lots of cars gathered. I was almost close enough to see the source to all this ruckus.

Now what is this building? Let's see here now. Is this one of the schools? Something about it is familiar, but I don't know how.

"Here we are" I heard a woman say. "Easton Elementary School".

Ah! She said it is a school! So I did follow my instincts correctly. However, that is a new word I just heard there. Elementary.

I turned my head around to where I heard the woman and saw her with a little girl human.

"Thanks mom" said the girl. "I'll see you after school!"

"Bye Mo" said the woman before driving away.

So THAT'S her name. Mo. She's very cute! And she seems sweet.

"Bye!" Mo said waving to her mother as she was driving away.

So that's a human mother and her daughter. They look to have a special bond. Hmm. Does everyone have a mother? Do I.... have a mother? I still don't know who put this red ribbon around my neck.

The girl found me in her vision and looked at me. "Hi kitty!" she said. She came closer to me. I did not know what to think of her approaching me, and as a result, my tail puffed up.

Mo giggled. "Your tail is so FLOOOFY" she said attempting to stroke it. My tail whipped back every time she tried to touch it. She laughed some more. Her laugh sounded better than the dog I heard earlier.

"No tail touching?" she asked. I tried to say "No Mo" but all that came out was a squeaky meeew.

I heard a very loud noise and some children talk. "The bell!" a little boy said to his friend. "Let's go!" said the other.

Those little boys don't have their mothers with them. But now, neither does Mo. Interesting. And that loud noise. That one little boy called it a "bell."

Mo looked startled and stopped trying to touch my tail. She ran inside the entranceway of the school.

"Bye kitty!" she said with a giggle following. She then ran inside the school.

So this is the elementary school for these young humans. Where they learn to grow, and think like mature humans. I've only seen something like this once before. When dogs go to a school to learn how to interact with humans. But since humans are such diverse, wondrous beings, I bet a human school is everything compared to a dog school.

I know a lot of big words already from observing humans over time. They are the only ones out of all the animals on earth to have developed such a complex level of communication. I am still learning new human words to this day. Words like elementary. I wonder if this place, is where these little ones also learn words that are new to them.

Mo and these other children are clearly much younger than Brina. I have come to the conclusion elementary schools are for kitten humans. I think I heard they were called "kids". Brina was clearly older though.

I was originally planning to see what Brina was up to, but now I want to learn more about these younger ones.

There seem to be transparent slices on the walls that let me see into some rooms in the school. Not like the ones on that woman's car. These transparent plate slices were not tinted as dark. They seem to be nice and clear to see through.

Perfect! I shall hop up on the ledges holding these transparent slices, or glass plates or whatever they're called so that my small self may see into the school and learn what goes on.

Here I go.

*

I looked through the first glass plate I saw to it's designated learning room.