Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Dislr made a noise, before sneering, not liking being controlled as he vanished again, while Zaner suddenly sneered as well. "I don't give a damn." he said simply, always having been a rebel and a rogue in the first place "I don't even like you." he said, not seeming scared of her, though it was clear he was concerned for Chloe's well being at the moment as he held her even closer, starting to back up now. "I don't care if your Queen or not... I want nothing to do with you." he growled, before suddenly jumping into a tree, still holding Chloe as he started jumping from tree to tree at a remarkable speed.

Chloe squeaked, clinging to Zaner again tightly. The girl only stood there, pointing to where Zaner was headed. "Get the girl." she said simply, and as if out of nowhere, hundreds of vampires spilled from the shadows, all running past the girl and to where they had been directed.

"Shit!" Zaner snarled under his breath, looking to Chloe for a moment, before turning to look at the horde of vampires after them, before suddenly bristling, his skin starting to turn an ashen grey, as if he'd been hit with sunlight as eventually spikes started to grow on him, him only becoming faster as he did so, wings sprouting from his back as well as he took off, now mostly beast like and black with glowing yellow eyes.

Some of the vampires took to the air as well, having wings like Zaner while others ran on the ground, a few of them being like Chloe as they turned into various animals, some of them flying along with the others as they'd turned into a type of bird. The rest just covered the ground, not letting Zaner escape their sight. Chloe stared at Zaner for a moment before screamed, quickly covering her eyes and trembling.

Zaner tensed a bit at her scream. "It's okay." he whispered, his voice a deep, but soothing grumble as he only flew faster and higher. "I won't let anyone hurt you." he said, before suddenly tensing again as a sort of whistle rang in the air, even more vampires flying to them, but they were different, all of them had silver eyes. Dislr's victims. They passed Zaner and Chloe up, going straight for the other vampires and attacking viciously, some easily ripping the others to shreds, from the ones that couldn't battle them to the ones that could.

The vampires hissed, turning into ash as they were ripped into pieces, though some managed to slip away from the fights and hide in the shadows, out of view. Chloe only trembled, still not used to the whole vampire-fantasy world.

Chloe whimpered softly, still shaking as she never uncovered her eyes, stiff and afraid.

He frowned. "It's okay, love... They're gone." he murmured, his voice normal as well as he gently moved her hand out of her face slightly so she could see him. "It's okay now."

She squeaked, her eyes shut tight before she peaked at him, opening her eyes slowly as she clung to him again, looking at him all doe-eyed.

He sighed, petting her hair gently as he went into another glide. "It's okay.... Nothing will ever hurt you." he murmured, before coming across a beach, but going to a rather large cliff, going to what seemed to be a cave in the side of it, which could only be really seen if a person were actually looking for it.

Chloe only clung to him, not wanting to let go, too afraid to do such a thing. "I-I can f-fend for m-myself you know...." she said softly, though only nuzzled him sweetly, grateful he'd want to protect her.

He made a noise. "Well... Against an army of vampires.... I think it'd be a bit difficult for just one." he said quietly, nuzzling her back and landing in the cave, it dark and quiet, but the familiar fluttering of bat wings suddenly interrupted the silence. Thankfully it was only a few of the furry creatures and not a huge hoard like it was at Zaner's house.