Chapter two

Chapter 2

I am roughly awakened by someone shaking me. I so desperately want to scream and fight but years of beatings have taught me to fight this instinct. That would be the worst possible reaction I could have and would probably lead to painful blows. I open my eyes and look into Bane's. He does not look happy, not that he has since I met him. He growls at me and forcefully drags me to my feet. I stumble and he surprises me by steadying me instead of punishing me for my weakness.

"Wake up. We leave in a few minutes. If you aren't ready when we leave, you will be killed."

"What do you want me to do?" I ask in a whisper

"Get outside and join the pack. Hopefully the alpha didn't change his mind about bringing you with us" he taunts before he gets up and walks away to grab their things.

Fearing that they would kill me if I made them wait, I quickly make my way outside. Since it is very early and the sun hasn't come out yet, it is quite cold outside. I look down at my sorry excuse for clothing and frown. What was once a dress in now a ripped and very dirty piece of materiel. It is ripped in many places and the garment exposes more flesh then it covers.

As soon as I feel the cold air on my skin, goose bumps break out on my flesh and my nipples harden to stiff peaks. I know that they will be very visible through the thin material of my clothing so I cross my hands over my breasts. Not knowing where to go, I stand off to the side and look down while the men in front of me continue to pack everything of value from the castle into trailers.

After about ten minutes of being in the cold, my fingers become numb and my exposed skin starts to tingle. I run my hands up and down my arms trying to warm myself in vain. Inside, I am praying that they will be ready soon so that I can escape the cold air. My thoughts are interrupted as someone speaks behind me. I turn around and look right in the eyes of the alpha. Instantly, I feel my heartbeat quicken.

"Are you fuchking insane? Why are you outside in barely no clother?" he yells at me.

"I-i have nothing else to wear sir" I answer and bow my head in shame.

He growls and then curses at me before he walks away and heads back into the house. I breathe a sigh of relief, thanking my lucky stars that he didn't hit me. However, my relief is short lived as he comes walking back out of the house looking furious. I try to sneak off behind a tree but he sees me and quickly makes his way over to me.

He grabs me by the arm and drags me a for a few steps before realizing that I am also barefoot. He curses again and picks me. He stars walking with me in his arms and heads over to one of the large black SUV's. He drops me back to my feet and then wraps a soft blanket around my arms. I breathe a sigh of relief at the warmth and wrap it tighter around my shoulders. He then leans over me and opens the door of the vehicle.

"Get in the fucking car" he growls at me

"Yes sir" I say as I climb in

"Don't move from this spot" he shuts the door of the car and walks away.

Inside the car in nice and warm. I am protected from the cool air and the blanket that is around my shoulders is very warm. I slowly feel my body relaxing and my eyelids getting heavy. I must have fallen asleep at some point because I screamed in surprise when the door of the SUV opened suddenly. I look up and see Bane's unfriendly eyes.

"Get up"

I quickly get up to avoid a punishment for not listening to a direct order. However my legs get caught in the blanket and I stumble. Before I hit the ground, Bane catches me and roughly lifts me back up. I was pushed back against the car hard while his hands painfully dug into my arms. I am sure that once he lets go of my arms there will be bruises.