Chapter 3. || "call him up!"

- sorry I'm late, folks. I had to go to Amelia's office to pick up a letter. - Mr. Broddy said when he walked in the classroom. Mr. Broddy was Project Management's teacher and, by far, my favorite teacher in college. His height wasn't appropiate for his age -almost every student in the classroom was taller than him-, he never shaved his mustache and had his glasses on all the time. He was really welcoming and everyone felt comfortable around him. He tried to make his classes fun so everyone could understand. Sometimes, he just stops the class to tell us a joke or to share a personal experience with us. 

We all sat down around the half-moon accommodated chairs along the classroom and waited until the class started. Mr. Broddy put his belongings in his desk and sighed. I looked around the room. Patrick, two rows up from me and three chairs to my right waved and smiled at me. He was really handsome and I felt rather blushy. His eyes were green and his hair brown was curled around his ears. He was really tough and muscular, and I could barely imagine him as an architect. I quite recall he once told me he followed this career because his father was also an architect. I waved back at him, returning him the smile. 

I turned around again and faced the front of the classroom. Mr. Broddy looked really concerned as he read the letter. I bit my lip and asked myself did the letter said. 

- okay kids, there's something I need to tell you... - Mr. Broddy said and the whispers that filled te classroom stopped. - so, I just got this lettter from the Directors and Deans from the college and I think it's important that I share it with you all, so please listen carefully. - 

I went down in the seat and crossed my arms in front of my chest. 

Mr. Broddy, who's real name is Augustus, cleared his throat and started reading the letter. - "Monday, March 12th, 2012. Board of Directors and Deans. Dear Mr. Broddy: We are sending this communique to you because as far as we know all the students from the Faculty of Arts see you everyday, inasmuch as your class is very important, all as well, you must let them know what this letter says.

"We are truly sorry to inform you that we will be closing up the Arts Faculty. It's been an unanimous decision from the board of Directors and Deans. Our most sincere apologies. We've come to reach this decision since at the beginning of the school year, the Administration Dept. made a mistake by giving more scholarships than Harvard College is used to give. As you may know, every year, we only give one full scholarship to one lucky student, but there was a misunderstanding and the university gave it to 5 people. 

"Harvard has lost a lot of money in those scholarships, and right now, there are 25 scholarship students in the institution when there should be 21 of them. We can't tell those 5 students to go away from Harvard, since it would give the college a bad image, but we've been advised by a famous group of administrators that have saved thousands of universities around the world from bankrupcy, and they have told us that it would be the best decision to close the faculty that has the least students to cut the budget. That would be the Faculty of Arts. 

"The Faculty will be closed at the end of this school year and won't be opening for next year. Other Universities from the Ivy League have offered to accept our students from the Faculty of Arts into their establishments so they can continue their careers there. 

"It was never our plan to do this, but due to the cirmcunstances, it's a tough choice that has to be made. We are really sorry. 

"With all due regards, Board of Directors and Deans." - 

I only had time to gasp before the whole classroom turned to chaos. Students shouting from their seats ready to start a riot, teenagers yelling and stomping their feet in the floor. I took a deep breath before Mr. Broddy started calming everyone.