Chapter 10

Dedicated to PsychoStars - my 6'3" twin!  He writes too so go check him out and give him looooots of love!

Vote and leave a comment below with your feels for this chapter PLEASE :)

I suggest you listen to the song on the sidebar while you read. It adds to the feels :)

Chapter 10

"Are you just going to stand there or are you going to put some clothes on?"

Oh God.

I was standing in front of Julian Pitt, barefoot and wearing a tank top filled with too many holes to be considered decent – thank heavens I'd put on a bra earlier – and a pair of drawstring shorts Mom got me two Christmases ago.

Well. This would definitely be the last time I answered the door in my pajamas, that's for sure.

I grabbed one of Adam's sweatshirts from the coat rack and zipped it up as quickly as I could.

I cleared my throat and, painfully aware that I was blushing, asked, "What are you doing here?"

"Here." He held up two grocery bags.

I stared at the bags then back at him. "What am I supposed to do with those?"

"You're supposed to take them and say thank you," he answered with an eyeroll.

I peeked into one of the bags – bread, oranges, apples, bananas ... Was that a pineapple?

"Julian, I know my house isn't as nice as yours but we're not starving. We can afford food, you know."

"I thought you were supposed to be smart! This is for you because I got you sick."

He was practically shaking the bags in my face at this point.

"You're such a moron," I laughed. "Unless you're the one responsible for all the condensation in the world, you didn't getme sick."

"That's not the story the wonder twins are spinning."

"Who? Allie and Jenny? Those two have enough drama in them to keep Hollywood in business for years. I told them I was feeling better last night. I think they were just trying to rile you up," I smiled reassuringly.

Julian looked annoyed for a while and then he sighed and visibly relaxed. In a calmer voice, he asked, "Are you going to take the bags or not?"

I nodded and took both bags from him. "Thank you. But I'm fine now, really. I know I sound like a bullfrog but this'll go away with a bit of tea. You didn't have to get me all this fruit."

"There're a few boxes of tea in the other bag and some vitamins too – just in case you wanna start lying down on grass again."

"Uhm," I blinked. "You really didn't have to get me these but thanks." I paused. "Would you like to come in for a soda or something? I heated up some lasagna earlier.  I think it's still good."

"You're offering me lasagna at four in the afternoon?" Julian looked like he wanted to laugh. "Isn't that strange?"

"No stranger than you showing up here with bags of food and tea," I pointed out.

He exhaled a laugh then nodded. "Alright but I can't stay for long. The wonder twins are supposed to show up in a while."

"How would you know that?" I opened the door wider so he could step in.