Prologue

"Pssstt."

A young girl slowly lowered down her book and looked at the source of the noise. Two boys around the same age as the girl looked at the book cover. The older boy read the book title and smiled, "Finding Neverland."

The girl gripped the book harder. She silently began to plead in her head, Please go away.

The younger boy looked up at the silent girl and pointed to the older boy, "He's John, I'm Michael. What's your name?"

"You don't come to a library to talk, you come to the library to read so please go away." The girl softly said this before putting her head back into the book.

The two brothers looked at each other and grinned. To the girl, the two boys knew nothing about personal space. Once again, Michael leaned in close to her face and whispered in her ear, "Do you believe in Peter Pan?"

John closely observed as the girl's posture seemed to drop. They're going to make fun of me, she frantically thought in her head. They'll say only babies believe in fairy tales.

John quickly blurted out, "He's real!"

With wide eyes, the young girl looked at the boy in shock. She was 11, many kids her age had stopped believing in all the silly things like Santa Claus and Fairies, but no matter what anyone told her she still believed that characters like Peter Pan and Snow White were real. She had never met someone who had shared the same belief as her.

"He is?", The girl asked cautiously. Maybe they're playing tricks, kids at school always play tricks on me.

Michael bobbed his head up and down, "He is! We can prove it to you!"

The girl stood up excitedly and let Finding Neverland fall onto the floor. She felt as if her heart was going to burst out of her chest. I was right! Peter Pan is real! Maybe they have Pixie dust, or maybe they have met Peter Pan!

John looked through his bag before pulling out the wanted object. The girl's face fell once she spotted what Michael had claimed was "proof". The words rolled off her tongue bitterly, "Is this a joke to you?" She felt tears fill her eyes, "Hey, let's go make fun of the girl who still believes in fairy tales."

The girl quickly picked up Finding Neverland before trying to make an escape, but John was quicker and stood in her way with the object outstretched in his hand.

"Take it." He forcefully pushed it closer to her.

She looked at him numbly, "It's a book."

John ignored her statement and only pushed the book closer to her.

The girl's anger quickly got the better of her and she snapped, "Why would I want your ridiculous book? We are in a library, I bet I can find better versions of Peter Pan than that one. What kind of author would name their book Pan? How unoriginal!"

Michael shrunk behind his older brother, but John fiercely replied, "See that's the problem! There are so many versions of Peter Pan, but no one knows his true story."

The boy paused and stretched his arm out once more, "Don't you want to know Peter Pan's real story, not some mediocre brand that is shoved down our throats."

The doubt in the girl's eyes was still there as she questioned, "and I'm supposed to believe that everything you are saying is true?"

John smirked at the girl, "I thought you believed in Peter Pan."

Her eyebrows creased and she quickly protested, "I do believe."

John challenged her statement and replied, "Then how hard can it be to believe in this?"

The girl put Finding Neverland down on a table and grabbed Pan out of John's hands. She looked down at her new book and smiled softly. "Hey what did you say your name was again?"

When she got no reply the girl looked up and was surprised to see the two boys were leaving the library. The girl ran out after them and spotted them walking around a corner. Michael caught her eye and shouted, "Bye Spencer!"

The statement only made her run faster, "Wait! Wait!"

Her red converse slapped against the pavement as she maneuvered around the busy sidewalk, "I never told you my-"

When Spencer rounded the corner she quickly scanned for two boys, but they were gone. Disappeared like ghosts.

She bent over out of breath and gasped out, "name."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unknown to Spencer, John and Michael were still there just not in the form she expected them to be in.

Now full grown adults John glared at Michael. He snapped at his younger brother, "You said her name!"

Michael blurted out quickly, "I panicked! If Peter Pan fi-"

John quickly cut him off, "He won't!"

Ignoring his brother's statement he continued, "If he found out that we knew the savior had a twin sister we'd be done for!"

John's anger dropped as he put his hand on Michael's shoulder. "He won't find out." He reassured his brother, "Spencer will save Wendy."