Pain, Drugs and Gold Stars

Skyla’s P.O.V

I knew Jack was taking me to Club V, after all I overheard Jack back in the condo talking to his men about where he wanted us to go next. Now, as I was being dragged into the building, I only hoped that Sebastian got my message on the floor. Part of me thought that he would be so blinded by anger and hate that he wouldn’t see it. Another part of me argued that he will see it ... he had too.

Looking around at my surroundings, I saw that this was a club not yet completed. Tarps were covering certain parts of the building and the furniture was all plastic wrapped, showing that it was new furniture.

“Tie her to a chair,” Jack demanded with his back to me.

I felt myself being yanked down and shoved into a bar stool. “Let me go!” I shouted as I tried to jerk away and get out of the chair.

A few other guys came over and held me in place while a bald man, probably in his early thirties, tied me down in the chair.

“Help!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. “Help! Somebody!” Without warning duct tape was placed over my mouth by the same bald man that trapped me in this chair.

“Thanks,” Jack told him as he turned around and looked at the bald man. “Now, Skyla, how are you?” He questioned as he gave me a small smirk.

I tried to yell profanities at him but the tape over my mouth made my words come out muffled.

Seeing that I was helplessly wordless, Jack grinned wider. “Alright, how about we get this show on the road? A call seems in order,” Jack stated as he pulled out his phone.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I wondered who he was going to call. With curiosity coursing through me, I looked straight at Jack and calculated every move he made to see what he was up too.

Right before putting the phone to his ear, Jack smiled at me and then looked at the bald man. “When I give you a thumb up, stab her in the leg,” Jack spoke.

My eyes went wide as I registered what he just said. Tears ran down my face as I realized Sebastian might not get here in time...

“Hey, Buddy. It is Jack, you know, Jack Linen.”

Silence filled the air and I knew the other person on the other line must be talking...

“Me, I want nothing. No, you see … I have everything I’ve ever wanted,” Jack said as he stared at me directly in the eye. With a raise of his hand, Jack made a thumbs up.

His buddy walked around from behind me and stabbed me in the leg.

The air in my lung got caught in my throat before I screamed as loud and hard as I could through the tape. Pain, enough to make a man shed a tear, was coursing through me as I looked down and saw a switchblade stick out of the middle of my upper thigh. I started to cry even harder as Jack shoved a phone by my mouth before taking it away.

“Hear that, Mr. Crow? That is that sound of the beautiful Skyla Ruth-” Jack stated before stopping in the middle of his sentence.

It was then that I knew he was talking to Sebastian. I calmed myself and mentally cursed as I thought about how I just probably made the worst mistake in my life by screaming like that. Now, Sebastian was going to be even more fueled by anger, which will make him useless in saving me.

“If you didn’t have a thing for Skyla, we might actually be friends. I find you interesting Mr. Crow.  But, we do have that unfortunate problem of liking the same girl … Listen, I have some respect for you, so I will let you talk to Skyla for twenty seconds. After that, I hang up and resume my business here with Skyla … sound good?” Jack questioned and then glanced over at me. With one large stride he reached me and tore off the tape from my mouth.