Chapter 4

This figure was fast. He was like a blur when ever i caught up with him. Finally he stopped running and he stood there looking at me. His lush green eyes filled with terror, anger, and regret. The white stripes made him stick out even more. My paws were aching from running so far. I would be lying if i said i wasn't scared. My heart beat quickened every time our eyes made contact. I shifted into my wolf and sat there. Trying to tell him it's alright. But he stood there in his fighting stance, with wide eyes. So instead of walking away i got on my back and wiggled like a worm, showing him i meant no harm. His eyes turned, looked like he was laughing.

'Shift back Sam.' his words were filled with care, love, and happiness. I smiled and shifted back.

"Now you shift back." i said with playfulness in my voice. He smiled and shifted back.

'I told you he was a wolf-tiger shifter, but noooo no-one listens to the tiger.' i giggled at my tiger. Luke smiled then sat back watching me.

"So, i guess your a Alpha."

"Yeah." he sighed

"What happened? Sorry i'm really nosy."

"Well, it started when my brother was born."

Luke's POV *Flashback*

We were sitting on a tree limb, close to the ground. Me and my arranged mate. I may have been only 5, but my mother and father wanted to make sure i had my mate in case my father died. I loved Annie, just not the way a mate does. I love her as a sister, a best friend, a friend i could tell my secrets to. She on the other hand loved me like a mate. She would go on and on about what we would change when i became Alpha. Not anything bad. She wanted to make a bunch of Art Schools, a dare-care, and a bunch of little preschools. Her favorite thing to do was paint, but she loved kids even more. If she could she would take a child's death instead of the child itself. The one thing she wanted was have a bunch of kids running around. Yeah, she maybe only 4 but she would do anything for a child younger and even older.

She smiled at me then took my hand.

"What's wrong Luke?" she asked, her big brown eyes starring into mine.

"Nothing, just wondering about life."

"I hope i'm in your life." she giggled then kissed my cheek. If only she knew i didn't like her as a mate.

"Annie, don't you want to be with you real mate?" i asked looking down at the grass.

"Yes, you're my mate silly."

"No, no i'm not. Annie, whenever we touch i don't feel any sparks, at all. You may do, but not me. I just feel your skin touching mine." her eyes starting to tear up "Please, Annie. I will be your mate if you want."

"I would like that." she wiped her eyes then leaned into me. A wolf howled in the distance. My father howled telling me it was time to leave. I shifted and howled. Annie looked at me in terror. I knew, i wasn't supposed to shift in front of her or any of the pack.

'Please Annie." she screamed bloody murder and shifted and ran in the other direction. 'Annie!' What was a i supposed to do? I looked back where my father was howling then back in Annies direction. I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to her. I howled back in my fathers way warning him about Annie then i took off after her. She was fast but not as fast as me. I bolted to her. We ended up in a dead end. She looked back at me with fear. Lately my stripes have been getting lighter. 'Annie please, don't.' she growled telling me not to take a stop further. 

'Well, well, well, look what we have here. 2 pups strayed away from their pack.' a giant gray and black wolf stepped out from the shadows, his eyes glowed red. 

'Smells like a Alpha pup to me.' a dirty blonde wolf stepped next to the gray black wolf.  'Looky, looky, one has stripes.'

'Leave now! I'll-I'll-I'll bite you!' i sounded like a retard, i took my protective stance in front of Annie. She was so frightened, she just sat there shivering. The gray-black wolf stepped closer smiling. Circling us biting at our heels. While i was watching the gray-black wolf i didn't see the dirty blonde run up to Annie and picked her up by the scruff of her neck. She yelped in pain and kept twisting her body making blood drip down her body and making her yelp even more. 'Put her down now!'

'Mmmmmm, i don't think so runt.' the gray-black one growled. Within a second the dirty blonde wolf shook his head back and forth with force. With one last yelp Annie was limp in his jaws. Blood dripping to the ground. Anger washed over me, i felt my body grow in lengh and size. Pain washed over me. My muzzle turned cat-like. Whiskers pushed out of my skin, my paws grew and larger claws pushed out of my paws. The dirty blonde wolf took a step back. Growling i took a step forward about to pounce. Right when i was about to, i heard a low growl from in the woods.

'Put the pup down Adan, now.' my fathers voice was full of anger. Adan dropped Annie but looked back and smiled at my father. More wolfs showed up and started growling. The pack chased off the rouges, but when they came back they looked at me in horror. Then shortly after that, we were kicked out. It was for the best.

**Flashback over**

Sams POV

Wow, I could see tears forming in Lukes eyes. He hunched over. Instead of doing what I should've done, I did the most childish thing I could think of. Shifting into my wolf form I laid on my belly and started to crawl, and whine like a little pup. A chuckle escaped from his lips. But that wasn't good enough. Leaping up to my feet I shifted into my tiger form and pounced on him, he laid there kinda shocked. I gave him a toothy grin with a pur.

In a flash he shifted to his tiger form and somehow moved and I laid there hung over on his back. He giggled and shook me off of me. I fell off on my butt and sat there. Both our eyes met and my heart jumped. Getting up I walked over to him and ran my long stripped tail under his chin. A pleasureful growl and purr came from his throat. I have no idea why but a song popped up in my head. A smile came on my lips and i took off towards the lake. I didn't care if the pack saw me like this, I was happy. Luke chased after me. He pounced and snagged my tail, making me run faster. Finally, we got to the lake.

The rest of the pack wasn't there yet. So I jogged up to the lakes side and lapped up water. Luke rubbed up against me, he look a gulp and then laid down next to me. Taking a breath I laid down next to Luke. My head laid at his paws while my body got closer to his for comfort. Closing my eyes I felt something wet on my face. Opening my eyes Luke licked my cheek. This was a way of telling me he wanted to be my mate. The look in his eyes told me everything that i needed to know. His eyes were caring. Smiling i snuggled closer to him and fell asleep.....