Chapter Three

A/N:

Sorry for any gramatical/spelling errors. Important Author's note at the end of chapter! Make sure you read it!

Enjoy!

-------------

-------------

~Ash's P.O.V.~

By this point, I looked like a fish out of water trying my hardest to get Jake's arm off of my shoulder.

"Jake" I hissed, not taking my eyes off the figure stalking toward us. "Jake, move" I elbowed him in the ribs and he retracted his arm from around my shoulders, hissing in pain. He groaned in pain as he clutched his side.

"What the hell was that for?" he snapped angrily, hunching over to suppress the pain. I rolled my eyes at his reaction, I didn't even elbow him that hard. Big baby.

"Oh suck it up" I snapped, by now he, my mate, had already crossed halfway towards us. I could literally see smoke coming out of his ears, like in the cartoons. I smirked slightly at the thought, but quickly refocused onto what was about to unfold. Hopping to my feet quickly, I stepped in front of Jake, almost like a protective mother.

Chelsea had obviously been watching us with curious, worry filled eyes. Standing up slowly, she came towards me, with her eyebrows furrowed, I knew what she was going to ask right off the bat. "Ash, what's going on?" she asked quietly, placing her hand gently onto my shoulder. Following my gaze, her eyes landed on the very person I was trying to protect Jake from. I could faintly hear Chelsea gasp and saw her bow her head respectively towards him, as many would towards their alpha.

My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, as I looked at her with questioning eyes. As if feeling my stare, she looked at me. "It's the alpha's son, Blake Westfield" she answered my silent question. My eyes grew wide as I processed what she had said, but my shock was quickly forgotten and replaced by confusion. I didn't have time to think over the new found news, for Blake had stopped just a few feet in front of me, fuming.

"Ashley, move" his voice sounded strained, his body shaking and his eyes turning dark with rage.

"No Blake, I am not moving until you calm down" I replied simply, planting my feet on the ground. No matter what he tries to do, my stubbornness will prevail.

"Ashley I will not tell you again" his fists were clenched tightly, to the point where his knuckles were white. "Move out of the way" he stared intently into my eyes, causing a shiver to run through my body.

"No" I said stubbornly, placing my hands on my hips, daring him to try something with my eyes. There is no way I am going to let him hurt my friends, mate or not. "There is no need for you to be angry" I said simply, crossing my arms over my chest.

"There is no need for me to be angry?" he said with a dry, humorless laugh. "I have every right to be angry when another male had his hands on you, my mate" he spat, his eyes turning even more darker with rage.

"He wasn't doing anything wrong Blake, he was only acting as a friend, nothing more" I replied, my frustration rising a notch. I mean we barely know each other and he is acting like we've been together forever.

"Really? Because from what I saw, his actions were far from anything friendly" he laced his words with so much venom, I involuntarily flinched, taking a small step back.

"It doesn't matter what you think you saw or what you thought was happening because it doesn't apply to you. You're acting as if you own me or something" he is so pushing my buttons now, if this goes on anymore, I think I might snap.