No Title Needed {Ziall} PART TWO

Part two~~~~

Niall and I were currently working on our project. We were just about to finish the first part when his phone rang. He took off the gloves he was wearing and answered it.

"Hello...Oh, hey Greg. What's up?... Oh my god. Is she okay?... I'm at a friends house right now... Um.-" he said into his phone then looked at me. "What's your address?" He asked me. I told him and he repeated to his phone. "-See you when you get here... Bye." He finished.

"Is everything alright?" I asked as I took off my gloves as well.

"My mum is in the hospital. I don't even know why. She seemed perfectly fine this morning." He said.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I said, not entirely sure of what to say. Niall looked like he was about to say something but he was cut off by a car horn.

"T-that's my brother. Um. I'm sorry that I have to leave in the middle of this." He said as I handed him is coat.

"It's no problem; we were almost finished with this part anyway. I can finish this up now, let it dry overnight, then we can continue tomorrow."

*enter a little bit of Louis drama and a time skip and  here*

SATURDAY
...
LATER

"Hey, Niall. What's up?"

"Z-Zayn." He choked.

"Niall? What's wrong?"

"*sobs*"

"Where are you? C'mon Ni. Talk to me." I begged. I had already slipped shoes and was currently struggling to get a coat on.

"At the hospital. Tell the receptionist your name." He said then hung up. Not long after that I was starting up my car and backing out of the driveway.

It felt like I arrived at the hospital in seconds as I barley caught up to my actions. I finally realised what I was doing when the receptionist asked for my name.

"Zayn Malik." I said, half out of breath.

"Ah, yes. Mr. Horan mentioned you. He's in room 74 just down this hallway." She gestured.  I thanked her and walked quickly in the direction she pointed. Stopping abruptly at room 74. I carefully open the door and my heart just about broke.

I saw Niall sitting on one of the plastic hospital chairs, head in hands and shoulders shaking. He looked up as I fully opened the door.

"Zayn." I heard him whisper as he shot up out of the chair and wrapped his arms tightly around my shoulders and stuffs his head into my neck and sobs.

"It's okay. Let it out." I said as a rubbed his back with one hand with the other arm around his waist. We stayed like that for a while.

"S-she has cancer." He choked. Slowly, his sobs calmed down and I felt him start to pull away.

"I'm sorry." He said as he pushed himself away.

"You don't have to apologise, Niall." I said calmly as I placed my hand on his shoulder and pull him in for another hug. I could tell by his uneven breathing that he was trying not to cry. "Niall, if you need to cry, let it out." And, almost instantly, he began sobbing into my shoulder once more.

*knock knock*

I didn't bother moving away from Niall when the door opened. I felt Niall nod and the door closed.

"That was t-the nurse," he hiccuped. "Visiting hours are o-over for non-relatives."

Without responding, I move back just enough to get a look at his entire face. He's looking down. He drops his arms from around my middle. I carefully manoeuvre my hands from behind him, to his shoulders, and up to cradle his jaw. I use the pads of my thumbs to try and wipe away the trails previous tears had left behind.

His eyes flicked up towards mine then back down to the floor. With that I place a gentle kiss to his forehead. I pull away and drop my arms and turn to walk out of the room. I place my hand on the door knob when he calls my name.

"Hey, um, Zayn?"

"Yeah?" I respond. I turn my body to face him. I noticed he was blushing. Aw.

"What was that, um, that kiss for?" He asked nervously, as if he was unsure of how to ask the question. I look at him for a few seconds and smile.

"Let's just say I was returning and old favour." I said. He looked confused. Quickly I asked, "I'll see you tomorrow, right?" He nodded. 

"Uh, yeah. If that's what we have planned. See you tomorrow."

TO BE CONTINUED IN A BOOK I AM SETTING UP NOW!!!!