Chapter One: Miss O'Kane?

Authors Note:

My new story Camille is a Liam Payne fan fiction, I'll update every Wednesday, maybe even early if I get 5 Votes and Comments, hope you like it, give me some feed back! I'll dedicate the next chapter to the person that gives me the best feed back, good or bad :P This dedication goes to @Flieur for making my cover for me, its amazing and also has Willa Holland in it! One of my favourite actors!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes people complain about having a bad day but nothing could compare to my day yesterday. My eyes shot open realising that my alarm hadn’t gone off with the thought of sleeping in on Liam’s birthday. White walls, white floors and a lonely chair in the corner of the room where I laid… Where was I? My body ached as I tried to move of the bed that wasn’t mine, but couldn’t quite get off. Think Camille, think. Suddenly I noticed a beeping noise, was I in a hospital?

“Miss O’ Kane?” A lady said softly whilst approaching me, her name is ‘Harper’ according to her name tag. “Do you know where you are?” She asked looking over at the screen next to me, I was definitely in a hospital.

“Hospital?” I said as light as a feather, my voice was barely audible.

“Do you remember what happened last night?” She asked still studying the machine.

I examined myself, looking over what I could see without moving my body.

“Miss O’ Kane?” I shifted my eyes towards Harper to show I heard her, “You were in a major car accident last night with your boyfriend, Liam.”

I could feel my head spinning, I barely have a scratch on me so how was I in a car accident?

“Where’s Liam?” I asked my voice still barely audible. Harper moved towards the door, my stomach started to churn, “Where is he?” I asked again, my voice growing louder with fear.

“A doctor will be in to see you after breakfast” she said quietly, when I heard the door close my heart sunk.

The only noise that filled the room was the beeping from the machine next to me, I laid in utter silence trying to piece together the memories I had that caused me to end up in here.

Liam and I were at his parent’s house having a birthday cake. It was a tradition of the Payne family, every year they had one no matter how old he was, the same applied for his sisters.

“Look after him Camille” Karen, his mother, pleaded.

“When don’t I?” I smiled back at her, earning a genuine one from her and a laugh from Geoff, his father.

“Liam, don’t forget to try that new dance move Ruth and I taught you!” Nicola yelled out with Ruth smiling next to her, I glanced at Liam and the expression that was plastered on his face was priceless.

“You gonna try it out?” I winked at him in a mocking tone, I could tell his sisters slightly embarrassed him.

“Hi sweet heart” An older lady in her early 50s said, walking towards me. She pressed a few buttons and my bed started to rise, until I was sitting in an upright position. “Here’s your breakfast” She said handing me over a tray.

The tray had a small apple juice and water as a drink, a bowl of something that looked like pureed fruit and a pudding cup. It wasn’t five star but I could handle it for now. I took a sip of the apple juice and noticed that it didn’t taste the same as the apple juice at home which lead me to think about my mother, had she come yet? Surely the hospital would have contacted her.

I could feel myself growing agitated, I wanted to know Liam was fine and I wanted my Mum to hug me, I wanted both of them to hug me, to feel the warmth of their bodies securing me but I had neither of them right now… Nor did I know where they were.

I could see a small window hidden behind a curtain in my room that I didn’t notice before, I could see the town below us. New Cross hospital was the only one on top of the hill, I’m guessing that’s where I am.

“You’ve barely touched your food” A male voice spoke, “I’m Dr Harris, how are you feeling?” he asked me.

I couldn’t even think about how to answer his question blurting out what had been on my mind. “Where’s Liam?”

“The boy you came in with last night?” He said back, a look on his face I had never seen before in my life on his face.

“Where is he?”

“Just down the corridor” He reassured me, “Back to Miss O’ Kane, how is your head?”

I reached up and touched my forehead around the hair line and a bandage was there, I slightly winced, I could see Dr Harris’ blue eyes watch me intently.

“It was nasty last night” he smirked at me, “You had some concussion last night, but nothing major”

“Can I see Liam?” I asked almost in a whisper

“At the moment Miss O’ Kane, you need to rest and so does Liam” He said in a professional like tone.